.23

STILL
"
RESCUE"

NATALIA GUESSED it had been hours since Toro had taken her captive

NATALIA GUESSED it had been hours since Toro had taken her captive. He had dragged her back to the hangar Mando's ship was in and that's where he had found the child and the woman fixing the ship. Natalia had spent at least an hour trying to talk him out of it and to let them all go but she had eventually decided to give up. There was no convincing him out of this. 

The sound of the door to the hangar sealing shut filled Natalia's ears. In a second the child was ripped from her hands and she was dragged up to her feet and the muzzle of Toro's blaster was placed on the back of her head. The child whimpered in Toro's arm, it's little hands reached out for Natalia. The footsteps of the Mandalorian grew louder and louder until the light in the hangar reflected off his armor and he came into their view.

"Took you long enough Mando." Toro taunted as the woman struggled in the handcuffs Toro put her in. "Looks like I'm calling the shots now. Huh, partner?" The Mandalorian's hand visually tightened on his blaster he held aimed up at them.  "Drop your blaster and raise em."

The Mandalorian's helmet tilted to the side slightly to look at what Natalia assumed to be her. It was a silent question of what should I do and for once Natalia didn't really know what to do. She'd been in hostage situations before but with the child in Toro's arms, Natalia began to fear the outcome. There was no telling what Toro would do. 

"Now, Mando, or I'll put one through her head." Toro ordered as he pressed the muzzle closer to Natalia's head.

"That won't be necessary." The Mandalorian said as he lowered his blaster and tossed his on the ground in front of him. He slowly placed his hands behind his head in surrender causing Toro to give a satisfied nod.

Natalia was suddenly pushed forward the sudden change almost causing Natalia to fall down the ramp of the Mandalorian's ship. She whipped her head back shooting a glare at Toro. "Cuff him." He ordered.

Natalia rolled her eyes and grabbed the handcuffs from Toro's hand before walking towards the Mandalorian. Though even with the distance now between her and the blaster she could still feel it's aim placed upon her.

"You're a Guild traitor, Mando." Toro said as Natalia walked behind the Mandalorian to cuff him. "And I'm willing to bet that this here and blondie over there are the targets you helped escape."

A small smirk formed on Natalia's face as her eyes landed on the small device in the Mandalorian's hand. "Look at you thinking ahead." Natalia whispered.

"Fennec was right. Bringing you in won't just make me a member of the Guild, It'll make me legendary." 

And with that the Mandalorian pressed the button on the flash charge, causing white light to explode into the air. Natalia ran to the opposite side of the ship of the Mandalorian as the light began to clear. Toro shot at the empty space before him where Natalia and the Mandalorian once stood. Once he finally realized they were gone he was too late to dodge the shot the Mandalorian sent at him.

Natalia caught the child mid air as Toro landed next to her feet. A small trail of smoke from the blast surrounded what Natalia guessed to be his now dead body. The child cooed in Natalia's arms as she pounced it up and down lightly in her arms. 

"It's over, kid." Natalia said as she rubbed the child's head with her hand.

"Get behind me." The Mandalorian ordered as he approached the them, blaster in hand. 

"Is he dead?" The woman asked as she walked down the ramp.

"Yes." The Mandalorian confirmed.

Natalia walked over to the woman and moved the child so it rested more on her hip, allowing her to use to other hand to pick the lock on the cuffs. "Thanks." The woman said as the cuffs opened with a pop. 

"No problem." Natalia said with a small smile. 

Natalia felt a hand go on her shoulder and she looked beside her to see the Mandalorian standing next to her with his hand placed firmly on her shoulder. "Are you alright?" He asked.

"We're both fine." Natalia said with a nod. "Thanks to you."

"You're shoulder..." The Mandalorian said, noticing the hole in the fabric of her clothing.

"Will be fine." Natalia reassured. "Just needs some patching up." 

"So, I take it you didn't get paid?" The woman asked as she patted the child's head. 

The Mandalorian reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bag of credits which he dumped into the woman's hands. A surprised look formed on the woman's face as she stared down at the number of credits which surely surpassed what they owed. 

"That cover me?" The Mandalorian asked.

"Yeah. Yes, this is gonna cover you." The woman said as she placed the credits into her pocket. 

"Chandrila?" The Mandalorian asked as he turned to Natalia.

"Chandrila." Natalia confirmed with a small smile.