.35

FINE LINE
"
THE INJURED"

NATALIA HADN'T even realized she was running until she nearly tripped over a fallen storm trooper

NATALIA HADN'T even realized she was running until she nearly tripped over a fallen storm trooper. The blasts resumed around her but she continued to push forward, not even bothering to fire at any of the troopers near her. Natalia's legs pushed her faster than she'd ever ran in her entire life and within seconds she was on her knees next to the fallen warrior.

"Shit, Mando." Natalia said as she shook the man slightly, praying for any sign of life. She hissed in pain, instantly drawing her hand back from the heat of his armor. "Hey?" Natalia asked, realizing he hasn't moved an inch or even tried to speak to her. "Hey! Wake up. You wake up right now." Natalia sternly ordered but she knew it was useless, they had gotten him good.

"Shit." She cured as she lifted the Mandalorian up by his armpits. "Fall back!" Natalia yelled as she dragged the Mandalorian towards the door.

Her arms and parts of her chest screamed in pain from the scorching heat of the Din's beskar but Natalia forced herself to ignore it. The IG unit and Greef covered her as she made her way towards the door as fast as possible. Cara quickly ran outside and grabbed Din's feet. Together the two girls managed to get him back into the cantina and lay him on one of the chairs.

"Damn it stay with me, Mando." Natalia said as she quickly removed the armor from his wrist to get for a pulse. "We're gonna get you out of here."

"This is our only path out, we need to clear it." Greef said as he gestured towards the vent cover.

Natalia frantically searched for a pulse as the IG droid and Cara helped to clear the space around the grate to get into the sewers. "If you go near this child I will have no choice but to kill you." The IG unit warned Greef.

Natalia was beginning to panic. Finding a pulse was proving to be harder than she first thought. She had felt nothing, not a single beat. She was beginning to welcome the idea of CPR and was about to remove his chest armor when she felt a faint thump in Din's wrist.

"Oh thank god." Natalia said as relief filled her and her racing heart started to slow.

A small groan sounded from Din and Natalia looked up from his wrist to see his visor facing her. "I'm not gonna make it. You have to..." He spoke barely over a whisper.

"Shut up." Natalia cut him off. "They just hit you hard. You'll be fine, your armor stopped it."

Din grabbed Natalia's hand and placed it on the back of his head underneath his helmet. Natalia's hand was met with something wet and warm. A confused look formed on her face as he let go of her hand.

"Leave me." The Mandalorian said as Natalia pulled her hand away from the back of his head.

Natalia slowly looked down to her hand, her confused stare quickly changing to that of horror. Blood coating the top half of her hand and dripped down it towards her arm. Natalia began to shake her head as she noticed there was blood where his helmet had been pressed against her shirt. "No, no, your armor should have absorbed it." She stared at her hand in disbelief. "Why didn't it absorb it?"