.38

STILL
"
THE LAST STAND"

THE SCREAM of a TIE suddenly rang out in the silence of the air

THE SCREAM of a TIE suddenly rang out in the silence of the air. The TIE was headed closer and closer to them and showed absolutely zero signs of stopping. It was no secret who was in the TIE, Natalia figured it was no other than Moff Gideon coming to finish the job his troopers couldn't.

"Moff Gideon!" Cara yelled as she aimed her gun up into the sky.

Natalia quickly ducked down, holding the child tightly in her arms as the TIE shot the ground a few feet in front of the boat. Din, Cara, and Greef all shot at the TIE as it swooped by but Natalia knew such action would be pointless, it was moving far too fast to even hit.

"He missed!" Greef cheered as the TIE disappeared into the mountains.

"He won't next time." Natalia warned.

"Our blasters are useless against him" Cara said.

"Hey, let's make the baby do the magic hand thing." Greef suggested as he looked over to the baby. :Come on baby! Do the magic hand thing." He said as he wiggled his hand. Natalia nearly rolled her eyes as she gave Greef a look. The child merely cooed in her arms before waving at Greef. "I'm out of ideas." He declared with a heavy sigh.

"I'm not." Din stated.

"Here he comes!" Cara yelled as the scream of the TIE Fighter filled the air once more. 

Natalia's gaze shifted from the circling TIE to Din who had now stood up in the boat. "Do you know how to use that thing?" Natalia asked as he placed the jet pack on his back.

"I'll figure it out." He said as Cara began to fire at the TIE.

Natalia held the child tightly to her chest as the TIE flew straight at them head on. She felt her heart begin to hammer in hr chest as the TIE shot the ground before them in multiple shots, only halting the firing once Din shot up into the air over the TIE. Natalia watched with worried eyes as Din dragged behind the fighter, being thrown around like a rag doll. 

"Oh god." She mumbled.

Din suddenly shot forwards at the TIE, landing on the top of the sphere. "Oh he did it." Greef commented.

"Come on, let's get out of this thing." Cara said as she stood up in the boat.

"So, what's our backup plan?" Greef asked.

"Backup plan?" Natalia questioned as she stepped out from the boat and onto the lava flats.

"Yeah, in case Mando's doesn't work." Greef said as he joined the two girls on the surface.

"It'll work." Natalia spoke sternly.

"Well if it doesn't..."

"It's gonna work." Cara stated.

As if on queue the TIE fighter suddenly began spiraling towards the ground. Smoke trailed behind it as it plummeted to it's designation. Within a matter of seconds the TIE hit the ground with a firey explosion. A small laugh sounded from the child and Natalia looked down to see it watching the flames of the fighter with a wide smile. 

A thud suddenly sounded behind the three and they all turned around to see Din back on the ground behind them. "That was impressive, Mando. Very impressive." Greef commented as they walked towards him. "Looks like your Guild rates have just gone up."

"Anymore stormtroopers?" Din asked.

"I think we cleaned up the town." Cara said with a small smile."I'm thinking of staying around just to make sure."

"You're staying here?" Din asked.

"Well, why not?" Greef questioned as he gestured to the planet around them. "Nevarro is a very fine planet. And now that the scum and villainy have been washed away, it's ver respectable again."

"As a bounty hunter hive?" Din asked.

"Some of my favorite people are bounty hunters." Greef protested before placing his hand on Cara's shoulder. "And perhaps, this specimen of soldier might consider joining our ranks."

"Yeah...I've got some clerical concerns regarding my chain code." Cara stated.

"And if you would agree to become my enforcer, clerical concerns would be the least of your worries. But you, my friend." Greef placed his hand on Din's shoulder. "You will be welcome back into the Guild with open arms. So, go off, enjoy yourself. And when you're ready to return, you will have the pick of all quarries." Greef proposed.

Din placed his hand on Natalia's shoulder, causing her to look at him with a questioning stare. "I'm afraid I have more pressing matters at hand."

A small smile formed on Natalia's face as she stared at him. Cara walked up to her and ran her hand over the child's ear before looking up to Din. "Take care of this one."

"Or maybe." Greef said as he patted the child's head. "It'll take care of you."

Natalia handed the child over to Din before turning back to Greef and Cara. "Take care of yourselves." 

"We will." Cara reassured with a small smile. "Farewell, General Kryze." 

"Farewell, Cara Dune." Natalia said with a small nod.

"Chandrila?" Din asked as Natalia turned to face him.

"You know, I've changed my mind." Natalia said as they began the walk back to his ship. "We will go to Yavin-4."

"Yavin-4?" Din questioned. "What's there."

A small smile formed on Natalia's face as she looked up to the sky ahead of them. "An old soul."