Chapter 2

"What do you think about this dress?" asked Anne, the girl who greeted her on the morning she woke up in this novel.

'Is that really the trend here?'

It was decorated with large bows. There was probably ten bows on the dress, maybe even more. That dress was a crime against fashion, even in this world that she didn't even know very well.

"Is there something more... low-key in there?" she asked.

"Low-key?" Anne asked, not understanding what she meant.

"Ah, I mean a less.." she had a hard time finding the right word to describe the dress. "vibrant dress. Something more simple. Much much more simple," she explained.

Anne looked surprised before nodding her head and went to look for a simpler dress. While Anne was looking for a dress for Adelia, Beth and Tia were putting make up on her and doing her hair.

She sighed as she thought about her situation again. If she was going to be transmigrated, then they shouldn't have made her the villain. She knew that she dreamt of being one as a child but when the ending for the villain was execution then, she would rather pass. Additionally, the villain that she wanted to be was the cool, smart super villains who do real super villain things, not a third rate villain who does petty things and leaves evidence behind whether it be things or people themselves. She internally sighed again.

'Adelia, you shouldn't have fallen in love with that jerk prince. Love is so useless it'll only make you do stupid shit that will end your life and you, my dear Adelia, you are a prime example of that,' she thought.

'Although you were smart academically, finesse was not your forte. You could have achieved a lot with your brains if it wasn't for that prince. And you were so beautiful and rich too,' she continued her thought process as she shook her head in pity for the former Adelia.

Well, who was she kidding. She's Adelia now and her problems are going to be hers. She should be pitying herself. And one particular problem that will cause other and bigger problems are already hers. The prince.

'Why oh why didn't i transmigrate before i was engaged to the prince? At least then i could have avoided getting engaged with the prince. Life is so unfair!'

She declared that the life was against her.

She thought of ways to stop this ill fated ending caused by the prince. She considered sending someone to assassinate the prince but soon threw away the idea as it was too risky as the prince would have had gone through a lot of assassination attempts his whole life that the security around assassination must be super tight. She then, considered buying the prince out of the engagement before the heroine shows up but that idea was sent to the trash can in a matter of seconds.

'Wait no!! I'm starting to think like the rich people. 'Got a problem? Throw money at it!'' she thought.

'Ugh, eat the rich my ass. I'm the rich now. How am i supposed to eat myself?' she internally grumbled.

Even if she did use money to get the prince to turn away from the engagement, it wasn't like he would accept the offer anyway. He was royalty and was much richer than Adelia was. And it wasn't because the prince likes her that he didn't want to annul the engagement, it was because he couldn't.

Although the Cruz Duchy was under the royal family, they were still very much influential, second only to the royal family, and the same could be said in terms of wealth as well. Adelia's family has the biggest fortune in the kingdom of Rosen second to none except the royal family. By marrying Adelia, his supporters and influence as well as his financial support would increase significantly.