Chapter 3

Adelia got off the carriage with the help of one of the family knight, Sir Aisen. Usually, this was the job of one's personal knight, but Adelia's personal knight had work to attend to. His name was Arkin. He had a commoner background. Adelia remembered that Arkin did appear a few times in the novel. He had quite the connection in town. He was well-known and liked by the people so, if there was any information that she needed or wanted to know, Arkin was the person to go to. Novel Adelia often used him to get information for her scheme to make the novel's heroine miserable.

The more she thought about Adelia's situation, the more unfortunate she thought it was. Adelia was well-liked by the servants of the Cruz dukedom and she was also kind and understanding towards them. They cared for and loved her but the prince had to show up and Adelia ended up falling in love with the prince. And Prince Chiron's attitude towards Adelia only made it worse. As if adding fuel to fire, he had to have a "secret" rendezvous with the heroine, which was the breaking point for Adelia. This was when Adelia started scheming against the heroine, Roselia Denvito.

'Argh, such a waste. Adelia you could've been a woman of success if you didn't fall in love.'

"Wait," she muttered.

"Yes, Lady Adelia?" asked Anne who went with Adelia as her personal maid.

"Oh, nothing," Adelia shook her head, telling Anne not to bother with her right now.

'Who said Adelia can't be a successful woman? I'm Adelia right now. I'll make me a successful woman now that I have the resources, namely money, and influence,' Adelia thought as she started to laugh lightly.

But before that, she had to go shopping first.

Shopping for dresses was hard. A lot of the design was like the ones she removed from her closet. The dresses were decorated with huge bows and fabric that looked like curtains. Adelia thought it was stupid that they wanted her to pay a fortune for those dresses. This won't do. For now she'd put in an order for a dress that she designed herself. She had to specify the exact fabric she wanted for the dress for the banquet. Then, she bought ten most simple looking dresses there are for her to use casually. She even went to check stores that was aimed at the commoners but the dresses were all very dull looking for her.

After dress shopping, they went to the jeweller to get some accessories and not to her surprise, the jewelries were too bulky for her taste, and looked like it weighed a tonne. She was not judging them or anything, it was just that she'd seen better accessories. With that she left the store empty-handed.

The only thing that was alright about the fashion in this world was the shoes. She bought a lot of heels, contrary to when shopping for dresses and accessories. After shopping for a while they went to eat lunch at a restaurant. She was seriously craving for ice cream but unfortunately, ice cream did not exist in this world. She thought it was 'absolute blasphemy!'

After lunch she decided to stop the outing right there after the dreadful news that ice cream didn't exist. Anne and Aisen tried to lift her mood after they noticed a significant change in her mood, but to no avail, it didn't work.

They went home and she plopped herself on the bed feeling exhausted. The dresses that she bought would come in five days whereas the dress that she designed would come in ten days time. Now, she just had to think about the accessories and the ice cream. It would be amazing if she could make ice cream on my own.

She jolted up on the bed.

"Wait a minute, I can make ice cream on my own!" she yelled in revelation. "I just need the ingredients!"