Chapter 5

The self designed dress that Adelia ordered finally arrived. The other dresses that she bought from the same shop arrived five days ago. If everything went well, the accessories would come tomorrow.

When the dress came, Anne, Beth and Tia excitedly urged Adelia to try on the dress. They quickly undressed her and dressed her up in the dress she designed. It was a black, floor length velvet dress with a spaghetti strap. It had a simple deep v neck and the dress hugged the figure from the waist up. It had a low back and strings at the back of the dress for a lace up.

The dress was very different from the current trend and was way more provocative than the style that was currently adopted in this kingdom. Obviously to Adelia, it wasn't provocative at all, but others in this world may think otherwise since they do not even expose their shoulders, and Adelia was going to come in, wearing a spaghetti strap dress, with most of her back exposed. Well, that's what you get for bringing in a 21st century girl to a mostly 17th or 18th century-esque setting.

As much as people are going to judge, just as much people are going to praise. Take these three girls for example. Anne, Beth and Tia were swooning at Adelia's dress, praising her. Adelia looked into the mirror to study herself. Adelia looked good in the dress. Whatever she puts on, it'll look good either way with Adelia's face and figure. She took the dress off after examining herself longer.

"Did Arkin arrive?" Adelia asked Anne.

Anne nodded her head. "He's in the training grounds," she informed.

Adelia nodded her head and made her way to the training grounds. From afar, she could see two knights clashing swords with each other. The rest crowded around them, cheering. It must have been a duel training. As Adelia got closer, the knights started to notice her.

"Oh, Lady Adelia!" they exclaimed in surprise.

"Good evening Lady Adelia,"they greeted.

Adelia nodded her head with a smile on her face. "Good evening," Adelia greeted them back. "You must be training hard," she stated, looking at their condition.

"Oh no not at all!" Carson, the captain, said as he waved his hand in denial. "This much is nothing," he announced.

Adelia looked at their condition once more. Although they were covered in sweat, they were still very much high in spirit.

"I guess you're right," she agreed.

Adelia talked to the captain for a while longer before Arkin made his appearance.

"What are you doing here?" was the first thing that came out of his mouth.

Adelia narrowed her eyes at him before speaking. "Good evening to you too, Arkin. I'm fine, thank you for asking. What about you?"

Arkin rolled his eyes at Adelia's words. "You know that you don't have to be sarcastic all the time, don't you?" he asked.

"Of course I know that!" Adelia affirmed. "But where's the fun if I don't see your annoyed face?" she stated with a grin, leaning towards him in an attempt to provoke him.

She could see veins popping out of his face at her remark. He looked as if he was trying hard stay compose.

"Princess," he said in a low voice.

"Yes?" Adelia asked, putting on an innocent smile, and inched closer towards him. "Did I push a button?" she asked as she slightly tilted her head.

Instead of answering, Arkin stood there and stared at Adelia before turning to look away and stepped away from her. He pulled his hair back and sighed. "You don't have practice today," he stated. "What are you doing here?"