Chapter 7

Once Adelia left the room, king Trenos looked over to his son Chiron. His box remained unopened.

"Chiron, did you not even have a bite of the macarons?" he asked.

Chiron glanced at the box in his hand and shook his head. "No."

"Oh-ho!" Trenos exclaimed excitedly. "If you're not eating it, I'll take it," he said extending his arms to snatch the box away but, Chiron pulled his hand back.

Estes noticed and stopped the king.

"Father, you have your own macarons," Estes reminded.

"This is limited," Trenos argued back. "I'll finish this in one sitting," he said.

"There's 24 pieces in a box," Estes said in a matter of fact tone.

"That's just how good it is. I'll finish it by snacking on it while working," he informed.

"Well, you have to wait for it to be released publicly if you want more then," queen Olympia told him.

"Olympia..." Trenos whined.

"It can't be helped, those are Chiron's share. You can't take it however you like," Olympia scolded him. It felt like she actually had three sons rather than two.

"But, Lady Adelia seemed somewhat different," Olympia voiced out.

"Are you talking about the way she dressed?" Estes asked.

"Well, that's one of it, but I do like her outfit today," Olympia said. "I'd like some for myself. The designs were different and beautiful. Really elegant," she gushed about Adelia's outfit.

"I understand what you mean," said Trenos. "Her dress was wonderful, but she did seem different," he stated and looked at Chiron.

"Do you know what it is?" he asked Chiron.

Chiron looked at him and briefly and remembered how Adelia was unusually quiet today, how she curtly answered him and didn't stick to him after the dance how she usually would.

"I wouldn't know," he answered. He wanted to talk about something else. He didn't want to hear Adelia's name anymore.

"Well, all I could say is she definitely changed," Estes said. "It was not noticeable at first, but once you start engaging with her and start noticing the changes, it became clear."

Trenos and Olympia nodded. "That's right."

"I'm looking forward to where this change will bring her," Trenos stated.

The next person to present a gift to the royals arrived. Adelia's gift was kept on the gift table. Chiron glances at the box of macarons he received from Adelia before turning his attention back to the gift presentation.

Adelia sighed. "I'm glad they liked the gifts," she said.

"Lady Adelia, why didn't you tell them you made the macarons?" Anne asked.

Adelia smiled. "Because I didn't want them to know I made it," she answered. "I'm keeping it a secret that I invented it."

Anne's face churned in confusion but she didn't question Adelia further.

"Ady," Atlas called once Adelia was within earshot. "How did they like the present?" he asked.

Adelia grinned. "They liked it!" she exclaimed.

Atlas laughed when he saw how happy Adelia was. Her happiness was contagious. "That's great!" he said, genuinely happy for her.

"Oh!" Atlas exclaimed. "Before we leave there's someone I wanted you to meet," he said and gestured for someone to come over.