Chapter 11

Anne greeted Adelia the moment she got back from the palace.

"Welcome back Lady Adelia."

Adelia gave Anne an exhausting smile as she climbed out of the carriage. Anne laughed at the expression on Adelia's face.

Adelia groaned. "I just want a relaxing bath right now," Adelia announced.

"On it, Princess!" Anne replied and hurried off into the mansion.

Adelia stared at Anne's retreating back in befuddlement.

"Arkin had really rubbed off on her," Adelia muttered, still staring at the direction Anne went off to. "Not only did she call me princess, she also left me, her master, behind just like that," Adelia shook her head.

'Arkin is a bad influence.'

Adelia made her way to her room and took a bath the moment it was ready. She leaned back into the water. The warmth enveloped her body and her exhaustion slowly melted away. After what felt like a century, she was finally able to relax. The smell of flowers reminded Adelia of scented candles. Before long, Adelia started thinking about work again and started to list down the things she would need, to recreate the products from her old world, in her head.

After enjoying the bath, Adelia came out feeling refreshed. She went straight to her work desk after getting dressed to jot down all the new ideas she had for Mythry. She had slowly turned into a workaholic.

KNOCK KNOCK

The sound of the knocking on the door woke Adelia up. She had fallen asleep while working. Looking around the room still half-asleep, she realized that it was dark now.

"Lady, it's Anne," she announced.

"Come in," Adelia answered hurriedly, coming back to her senses. Anne came in with a tray in her hands and she set the tray on the work desk in front of Adelia.

"I told the duke and young master that you were tired and wishes to have dinner in your room," Anne explained. Adelia looked at the food that was brought to her.

"Thank you, Anne."

Anne smiled and waited Adelia. Life before Adelia transmigrated wasn't bad. She didn't have to worry about food or whether she had a roof above her head, but she wasn't all rich as well. She never thought her life was hard. Well, after turning 18 that is.

"I'll take this away," Anne announced the moment Adelia was done with her dinner. She nodded her head at Anne's statement.

"You're done for the day Anne," Adelia said as she smiled at Anne.

Anne's eyes widened. "Are you sure?" she asked.

Adelia nodded her head. "It's almost up anyway."

"Thank you, miss," Anne said. "Have a good night."

And with that, Anne left. Adelia didn't know what else to do. She had free time now and nothing to do. In her old world, there would always be something to do even if there wasn't any.

"I miss the internet," Adelia mumbled, slumping into the bed. "I miss technology..." she continued to muttered.

She then released a heavy sigh and lied down on her side, forcing herself to sleep. A few hours must have past before she suddenly sat up straight.

"How did I ended up here anyway?" she questioned. "Why am I here?" she continued. "What happened to me in my old world?" her face scrunched up in confusion. Suddenly her eyes widened in realization. "Did I... die...?" she trailed off, her voice getting smaller. She felt her chest tightened.