Chapter 9

Adelia had been busy for almost a month, preparing for the opening of Mythry. She purchased a few buildings for her businesses in the capital. A patisserie shop, a clothing store and a jewelry store. She also purchased a larger building in the Cruz duchy as a headquarter for Mythry. Adelia planned to open the establishments in the Cruz duchy after the success of the establishments in the capital.

"Lady Adelia," Nora called. "Which establishment will you be attending for the opening?" she asked. The opening of all Mythry establishments were opening on the same day. The opening was highly anticipated in high society after all the marketing that Adelia did. Adelia also informed Queen Olympia and Countess Morney where they could purchase their own macarons and dresses respectively like she said she would.

Adelia thought for a while. "I won't be attending," she answered.

Nora almost gasped. "What?" she asked.

Adelia smiled. "As the head," she added, holding back her laughter.

Nora sighed. "Lady Adelia, the people are very curious as to who the head of the company that managed to get the Merchant Union to work for them," she started. "Even the members of Merchant Union are curious to see who managed to come up with the products of Mythry," she finished.

No one, except the people present during the proposal and Nora's close and trusted associates, knew that Mythry has any affiliation to the House of Cruz or the fact that Adelia was the head of Mythry. Adelia wanted her involvement to be kept a secret. Since Merchant Union joined Mythry, the chairman of Mythry has only been known as the head since any information on the head was a mystery to everyone except Nora, the second in command and her close associates.

"People are dying to know who the head of Mythry is," Nora said.

"I'd like to keep it that way," Adelia answered Nora. "You yourself know how it is in the business industry," Adelia said as she looked at Nora. "They must all think that the head is a man don't they?" Adelia mused.

Nora sighed and nodded her head. She knew exactly what Adelia was talking about.

"Alright," Nora said. "I'll go as your substitute and represent you in future events. What should I tell them about your absence?" she asked.

Adelia smiled. "Just tell them I can't make it," Adelia replied.

Nora shook her head. "You're really not even going to give them a reason?"

"There's no need to," Adelia told Nora. "I don't have to give a reason and apologize for keeping them curious. I have no responsibility to their curiosity," she said coolly.

Nora couldn't help but smile at Adelia's words. "Of course."

Mendez was put in charge of jewelry production. Nora found someone to be put in charge of clothing production, Kami, and Arkin found me a patissier for the patisserie shop, Robbie. Both we're reliable people.

The company became really busy as the opening date came nearer. The merchandise were fully stocked, the decorations were ready, as well as the refreshments. Now, all they had to do was wait till morning comes and the event will start.

"You're really not going to the opening?" Arkin asked.

Adelia shook her head. "No," she replied.

"What are you going to do then?"

"Hmm, what do you want to do?" Adelia spun around in Arkin's direction.

Arkin smiled. "I want to go to the opening!" he declared.

Adelia's smile fell. "Can't we do something else?" Adelia whined. "There must be something else you wanna do. What is it? Come on,tell me," Adelia urged, clapping her hands together.