Chapter 4 - You've Changed

Adelia decided to take a walk in the garden today. She had totally adapted to living as Adelia, although Adelia was two years younger than she was when she was on earth. Adelia was only 20 years old. Thank goodness the drinking age here was 18, as soon as you reach adulthood. Now that she mentioned it, the night before she was transmigrated, she was on a night out jumping from bar to bar with the girls. She missed those times.

She sighed as she looked at the flowers that decorated the garden. The gardener did a really good job. She had tried gardening once but failed. What made it weird was that she had a talent for farming.

Then, Tia showed up. "Lady Adelia, sir Arkin is back," she said.

Arkin came back a day later than he was supposed to and Adelia figured the sudden request she had given him was most likely the reason why.

"Where is he now?" she asked.

"He's in the duke's office."

Adelia nodded her head. "Did he bring anyone along?"

"Yes," Tia confirmed. "A commoner man in his 30s."

"Alright, tell sir Arkin to bring the man to the day room when he is done," she ordered.

"Yes miss."

Adelia made her way to her bedroom to take out the sketch design she did for her accessories. A moment later, a knock could be heard coming from the door.

"Sir Arkin and the man is waiting in the day room," Tia announced.

"Alright," Adelia answered as she put the sketch design into a file and made her way to the day room.

"I apologize for making you wait," Adelia said as she made her entrance.

"And I'm sorry for the sudden request. You must be tired," she apologized to Arkin.

"It's nothing," he brushed it off.

Adelia took a seat apposite the man Arkin brought.

"I'm Lady Adelia Von Cruz," Adelia introduced herself.

"Mendez," he introduced himself briefly.

"If I'm right, you are well versed in craftsmanship."

Rather than a question, what Adelia said was more of a statement.

"Yes Lady Adelia," he nodded his head.

"Good," she smiled and took out her sketches out of the file. "I want you to craft these for me," she said as she laid out the designs on the table.

He picked up the papers and looked at the designs. As he did that, Adelia beckoned Tia over and told her to serve tea and ice cream for both Mendez and Arkin. Then she told Arkin who had been standing guard beside her all this time, to take a seat which he refused in the beginning but with her coercion, he took a seat at the one seater sofa next to her.

"This is.." Mendez trailed off.

"Accessories," Adelia finished for him. "Can you do it?" she asked. "I'll pay you for the labour and everything you need to make the accessories including your tools," she offered.

He tilted his head. "This is... different," he said.

"I am well aware," she said. "I designed them myself."

Then, Tia entered with a serving trolley and served them tea and ice cream. Arkin visibly perked up at the sight of ice cream.

"Is this the famous ice cream I've heard so much about from Tysen and everyone including the duke the moment I came back?" he asked, picking up the ice cream bowl, inspecting it.