Chapter 6

The moment Adelia woke up, she was bombarded by maids. They gave her breakfast in bed then, gave her a massage. Later on, they made Adelia take a milk bath with roses and essential oil. They massaged her shoulders, her hands, her legs, even her face. It felt like a full spa treatment.

Adelia asked them what's the occasion and they reminded her that the second prince's birthday banquet was today. Apparently, when there's a big event like this, original Adelia would often take a whole day to get ready.

After taking a bath, they started to put different products on Adelia's face. Beth was in charge of make up and Tia, hair. Beth started to beat Adelia's face with make up, accentuating her features while Tia started doing her hair. After hours, even at the expense of lunch, Adelia was ready.

The dress was as beautiful as it first came. Beth and Tia did a very good job on hair and make up. The hairdo Tia gave Adelia was a tendril twist bun decorated with the hair ornament Mendez made. Tia even sprinkled some powdered jewels on my hair. To complete the look, Adelia wore the matching ruby necklace and earring that she designed and a pair of simple black heels.

After making sure everything was ready Adelia left the room to be greeted by Arkin. Arkin was going to the banquet as her personal guard. At the sight of Adelia, Arkin froze.

"What do you think?" Adelia asked him referring to the dress.

He stared at her in a daze without responding.

"Arkin?" Adelia said and waved a hand in front of his face.

Arkin shook his head. Adelia noticed his ears tinted red.

"What?" he asked.

"What do you think of my dress?" she asked again.

"Oh, it looks good on you," he answered. He seemed a little flustered.

"I designed it myself!" she informed him proudly with a big smile on her face.

He raised an eyebrow. "Did you?"

"Yes!" Adelia affirmed. "Now, let's go," she suggested.

She walked down the stairs with Arkin and Anne tailing behind her. At the bottom of the stairs the duke and Atlas were waiting for her.

"Ady!" Atlas yelled in excitement as he saw Adelia and ran towards her to give her a hug as greeting. "You look beautiful. Truly the treasure of House Cruz," he commented.

'This sis-con really knows how to give compliments.'

"Thank you brother."

Adelia thanked Atlas and greeted the duke.

"Good evening father."

"Good evening Adelia," he said and embraced Adelia in a hug.

'Ah... I almost forgot. He dotes on Adelia as well.'

"You look wonderful," he praised.

"Thank you for the compliment father."

"Well then," Atlas started. "Shall we?" he asked, extending his hand for Adelia to take.

She placed her hand on his palm.

"Take care," the duke said as he waved them goodbye.

"We will," Adelia answered back and they went their way.