Chapter 10

Adelia sighed. She thought about what happened the day before when she accidentally stole Chiron's spotlight. Roselia had already attached herself to Adelia after her help. Since Roselia was recently adopted into the Denvito family, she hadn't had much luck in high society. So, Adelia's kindness towards her was very meaningful to her. Adelia couldn't push her away or tell her to stay away after seeing how happy Roselia was, to finally find a friend of the same age as herself. Also, Roselia was cute. She reminded Adelia of a dog she once had.

'I'm sorry Chiron. You're still a jerk tho,' thought Adelia.

"Lady Adelia, you have a letter," Anne said as she handed a letter to her. It had the royal seal on it. Adelia's expression morphed into one of confusion.

"The palace?" Adelia muttered and opened the letter. It was an invitation for tea. Adelia sighed, dreading for the day to come.

When the day of the tea party finally came, Adelia asked Anne to help her.

"Anne, get me ready, I'm going to the palace," Adelia said.

Adelia had changed her entire closet to clothes from Mythry. Most of the dresses Adelia owned were dresses that was especially made for herself and not available for sale.

Adelia went to the palace alone this time. She told Arkin to stay at the duchy in case Nora comes to report on the business.

Upon Adelia's arrival to the palace, she was taken directly to the garden.

"Glory be with you your majesties," Adelia lowered her head as she greeted the king and queen of Rosen.

"Rise," the king said. "There's no need for that," he told her.

"Come have a seat Adelia," queen Olympia offered.

Adelia nodded her head and took a seat. "Thank you for the invitation," she smiled.

"Oh, that's nothing. You used to come to the palace often to see Chiron, but you haven't been coming lately," queen Olympia said. "It would be great if

you would come often again."

Adelia laughed lightly. "I apologize. I should have come and check up on his highness the first prince more often," Adelia said. She had to stop herself from gagging for saying those words.

"Don't pressure yourself," king Trenos told her.

They then, engaged in conversation. They talked about the newly opened establishments by Mythry, the food that were sold at the Mythry patisserie.

"They were all very good," king Trenos said and queen Olympia agreed.

"I wondered how you got your hands on the products early on before the release," king Trenos announced, looking at Adelia.

Adelia took a sip of tea. "I wonder that as well," Adelia answered, not giving anything away.

King Trenos laughed. "That's right, I won't push you anymore," he said.

King Trenos can't help but think that Adelia must have made a connection with quite a powerful person.

"But it's really amazing how the head of Mythry was able to absorb Merchant Union into Mythry isn't it?" queen Olympia mused.

King Trenos nodded his head. "That's right. Merchant Union is a closed off guild. They don't give just anyone entry into their guild, but somehow they let themselves be absorbed into another company," Trenos explained. "Any idea who this person might be Lady Adelia?" he questioned.

"The person might not be as amazing as we all think. Maybe the person was just lucky," Adelia said. She dodged the question.

"Well, whether it was luck or not, it is still very much an amazing feat. Don't underestimate luck. Luck is a very powerful weapon to hold," Trenos told Adelia.