Chapter 13

After Adelia was led to a different room, a few minutes passed before Nora appeared again to greet Chiron.

"I'm sorry for the long wait your highness, I'm Nora, the founder and head of Merchant Union and the vice-head of Mythry. Pleased to make your acquaintance," Nora introduced herself.

"You're the head of Merchant Union?" Chiron asked confused. "Isn't Winston the founder and head of Merchant Union?"

Nora simply smiled at Chiron's questions. She understood why the prince would be confused. It was never made public that she was both the founder and head of the biggest guild in the kingdom of Rosen. Now that Merchant Union had merged with Mythry, Nora thought that even if it was known that a woman was the mastermind behind Merchant Union, it would not affect the business since Mythry was quickly becoming the leading corporate in the kingdom. Of course, Adelia agreed to this. She thought it was better for Nora to take credit for her own hard work. Now, Nora was slowly making it known that she was the head of Merchant Union.

"Let's go," she said and led Chiron to what was supposed to be Adelia's office but, since Adelia can't really come to the headquarters to work because of her identity, it was being used by Nora.

"Please take a seat," Nora offered and Chiron took a seat. Nora then, took the seat across from Chiron. On the table, refreshments were already laid beforehand.

"The head is not present at the moment," Nora informed him. "I will be present in the head's place," she declared.

Chiron was not happy hearing the news from Nora but, remembering how unlike Adelia who received an invitation, he demanded a meeting on his own. He realized he should not be angry or dissatisfied when the head even agreed to the meeting, although the head wasn't present themself.

Chiron nodded his head. "Alright," he agreed.

"Thank you for understanding," Nora thanked him. Though, if he were to throw a tantrum per se, she would just ignore him and kick him out. She cared not whether he was the prince or not. She had no patience for troublesome things.

"Shall we start with the meeting?" Nora asked with a smile on her face. The same smile she had when she first met Adelia.

"Yes," Chiron agreed. "I have a proposal to make," he revealed.

Nora nodded. 'Ah... just like Lady Adelia predicted.'

Chiron continued to elaborate on his proposal while Nora listened and asked relevant questions regarding his proposal.

"Alright, I'll talk to the head about this and come back in a while," Nora said.

Chiron nodded his head and Nora excused herself.

'Is the head here in this building?' he thought.

***

After going through the new products that would soon be released and choosing what she would bring back, she sat back on the sofa and took a sip of the tea that was prepared for her.

"Don't take too much," Adelia reminded Arkin who was still rummaging through the boxes. "It'll look suspicious if we were to bring too much home," she said.

"Yes, princess," Arkin said with a subtle singsong tone.

Right after Arkin's answer, a knock can be heard.

"Come in," Adelia said.

The door opened to reveal Nora. She entered and closed the door to report to Adelia.

"The first prince, came to make a proposal," she reported.

"As expected," Adelia nodded. In the novel, the prince came to Merchant Union to propose a deal. She did not see why he wouldn't with Mythry, now that Merchant Union had merged with Mythry.