The Beggining | O n e

***EDITED*** (sorta).

———

For 14 year old Elijah Black life is certainly not easy, his mother killed her self when he was 7 and his brother and sister were murdered by his own father when he was only 9 years old and ever since he has lived with his grandfather.

Other than his grandfather Elijah has no other relatives and he dreads the day, that he knows will come, when he hears a knock on his door informing him that his grandfather is not fit to care for him.

His grandfather suffers from multiple sclerosis, a disease that effects his mobility and so he relies on a wheelchair for exportation.

Elijah and his grandfather have a close relationship they tell each other everything, well everything but one secret Elijah has kept for his whole life, the fact that Elijah is different.

Sure he knows that but there's something else, something he couldn't even begin to imagine.

Elijah can do things that others can't, he can get the answer to any question as long as he knows who to ask.

It is impossible to lie to him almost painful even to try, only if you believe it yourself can you say it but Elijah would know it was a lie. It doesn't stop there, he also has the strength of a thousand men, the speed faster than a cheetah, he can shift and vibrate the molecules and atoms that make up his body allowing him to phase through walls, and can manipulate solid objects just with the power of his mind, he can hear the tick-tock of a clock 10 blocks away, he can make himself invisible by vibrating the molecules in his body at a different frequency allowing him the illusion of invisibility, he can read people's minds and talk to them telepathically.

In other words he's superhuman, he can do extraordinary things and that is why every night when the house is silent, he wears all black lurking in the shadows defending his city when he senses danger is near, he has been shot, stabbed, punched, kicked but if he falls he gets back up and he fights until his opponent can no more.

Elijah was walking home one late night from fighting drug cartel. He ignored his arm where he was grazed my a bullet and his side where he was kicked a few times. he turned a corner to walk into his street, but to find an ambulance outside his house and two police cars as they walked out his house with a backboard laying on it his grandfather his eyes wide as they zipped a black bag over his face and wheel him into the ambulance.

Elijah immediately ran over, and shook his head "no, no, it's not him I just talked to him" He said his voice shuddering as the paramedics stopped in their tracks, Elijah unzipped the top of the bag to see the lifeless body of his grandfather, the paramedics and the officers looked at him in sorrow.

He sat on the curb, his head in his hands, he didn't cry he just stared at the ground with pain and grief written all over his face. For the first time in a while he felt completely and utterly powerless, he felt broken like the scars that were left on has heart had opened up. No words could explain the way he felt.

The ambulance drove off and though the officers were still there, he felt alone, "come on kid" an officer said guiding him into the patrol car. Elijah said nothing, he just done what they said.

They took him to the police station where he was met with a social worker "hello Elijah, I'm Sylvia, I'm a Child Welfare Social Worker" she said, Elijah said nothing "I've contacted a family member a brother to your father" she said, Elijah looked up at her confused "my father doesn't have a brother" He said weakly.

"Well your father was put in foster care as a baby" she replied in a soft voice, Elijah said nothing, he just stared at the clock.

"He's coming to get you he'll be here soon, his name is Tony Stark, you might of heard about him" she said, Elijah looked at the ground and said nothing he recognised the name Tony Stark he had heard people talking about him at school he was some sort of superhero who goes by the name Iron Man, Elijah didn't care who he was.

"Well you can sit over there while you wait" she said pointing at a seat. Elijah sat down "would you like someone to stay with you while you're waiting" she asked kindly.

"No" Elijah muttered shaking his head slightly.

He continued to stare at the clock, his grandfather recommended when he was young that when he gets bored he could create formulas expressing trigonometric functions based on the clock hands.

His grandfather was a wise man but Elijah was smarter and he loved that about his grandson.

In the other room Elijah could hear a man having a conversation with Sylvia about him, he guessed it was Tony Stark and he guessed correctly.

The man walked in, he had Dark hair and dark eyes, he stood over Elijah "come one I don't have all day" he said Elijah stood up.

"Etiam illud ad libitum" Elijah muttered under his breath sarcastically in Latin basically saying 'its a pleasure to meet you too'.

"What in the hell was that?" Tony said confused as they walked out the building "force of habit" Elijah replied as Tony got into a car, he followed.

They continued to drive as the car was filled with awkward silence, Tony noticed the unusually large amount of blood on Elijah's arm.

"Are you bleeding?" Tony asked confused looking at Elijah's arm.

"Oh yeah, forgot about that" Elijah said looking at his arm and then taking off his hoodie.

"That's a bullet wound" Tony said "relax it's just a graze" Elijah said ripping the sleeve of his hoodie and then tying it around the wound.

"Who the hell shot you" Tony scoffed surprised.

"It's quite a funny story actually, so I was walking home, then someone shot me" Elijah said smirking slightly at the confused expression on Tony's face.

"What part of that is amusing to you?" Tony asked confused "the fact that I was standing still and it took him to the last bullet to actually hit me and even then he hardly grazed me" Elijah said scoffing slightly followed by a faint smile.

"Are you some sort of psychopath?" Tony muttered.

"For me to be a psychopath would indicate that I take pleasure in another's pain, so no I'm not a psychopath I experience empathy and emotional quotient much like everyone else" Elijah replied.

"Well that's reassuring" Tony said sarcastically as they continued to drive in the dark night.

——————————-

Hey guys hope you like this chapter, I'll be posting new chapters but probably not every day though I'll try!

Word Count: 1168

If you have any questions or just want to recommend something, go ahead! >>>>