The Children's Hospice | t w e n t y - t w o

Once Bucky has to leave with Matty, I go to bed feeling exhausted. I should really sleep more, I never slept last night.

As soon as I close my eyes I have nightmares.

***

I look around and they're all dead, Kara, Jace, Kai, Wyatt, Alaric, Nathan, all the avengers, they're all dead.

Their dead blooded corpses look at me with rage and sadness.

"Why didn't you save us?" They all say and I choke back a sob.

"You let us die like everyone else in your life" Kara says.

All I hear is overlapping chatters of them calling out to me, 'you're the reason we're dead' 'everyone you love dies' 'why do you have to be so weak?'

I close my eyes tightly muttering 'it's my fault, it's all my fault'

I open them again and see Seth crying out to me begging me to help him, but I can't I'm stuck. I yell at the person trying to kill him to stop but they don't listen.

I blink to see my brother getting beaten to death, tears stream from my eyes and all I can do is yell at my father to stop killing him.

***

I shoot up in a cold sweat breathing heavily, I steady my shaky hands and slow my breathing.

I look over to the alarm clock on the bedside table and sigh 4:31.

I take a long shower just sitting on the floor as the water falls on me. I have my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands just taking in the sound of the running water.

Once I'm done questioning my life choices I jump out the shower and dry off.

I get dressed wearing:

I sit on the couch in my room with my laptop, typing away, there's news articles about what I did

I read the one about the burning building incident, the reporters found out I'm related to Tony and everyone thinks I'll become iron man when he retires. I scoff, yeah I'm not becoming iron man. I then read the article about me saving that girl from the car a while ago. Then one about saving those kids from the human trafficking operation, they don't know it's me though.

After reading through different articles about me, by the way there was one about if I like McDonald's or KFC more, like what the fuck? Anyway after reading the weird articles I start to do some homework, it's so easy, I could've done it in preschool.

I finish my homework and may of done a lot more than 1500 words for my book report on To Kill A Mockingbird, but hey it's a great book, it used to be my favourite in elementary school.

I wrote a lot on my physics essay also, I always get carried away and it suddenly turns into a deep philosophical discussion.

Then I do Math, which was so freaking easy, I mean even Matty could do it and he's 5.