BUCKY!! | T w e n t y - O n e

Eventually I take deep breaths and try to readjust myself.

I stand in front of the mirror, and splash some water on my face. I use my powers to get rid of the puffy eyes, making myself look somewhat presentable.

I walk out the bathroom to my room and sit on my bed with my guitar strumming it a little and then start to play a song.

"I've always been broken ever since that day,
I lost everything, and locked all my feelings away.

I thought I'd get better, by each day,
But then I was reminded of all that pain.

I tried not to love, I tried not to break, but I let my walls down and now I've lost everything.

I'm broken like a mirror, shattered on the floor and I know deep inside, I can't be whole anymore.

Every single crack shows what once was a boy, but there's no denying he's broken, there's no denying his pain.

He tries fix everything and bury woes away, but every blink he takes, he sees them in his wake, the chaos, the destruction, he knows who to blame for this dismay.

I've always been broken, ever since that day, and every day afterward I slowly crack away"

(I have no idea what this is, I tried to write lyrics, pretend they're amazing so we can continue the story)

I finished singing, and feel two presences outside the door, I sigh and roll my eyes.

I walk over and open the door to see Natasha and Clint looking at me sheepishly, well Clint falls over because he had his ear to the door.

"You know if you wanted to listen, you could've opened the door, it would've been so much easier" I say with a smirk.

"What was that song? It was beautiful, I mean depressing but beautiful" Natasha asks in awe and Clint nods in agreement with her question.

"Oh, I actually don't know, I kinda just made it up as I went along" I shrug.

"Wow you need a therapist" Clint says and Natasha glares at him, while I just chuckle.

"If I went to a therapist and told them everything I've been through, they'd curl up in a corner and start crying" I say honestly.

"I say this out of the goodness of my heart; you good bro?" Clint says, 'I wouldn't say having a PTSD attack for 2 hours straight then crying for another 2 hours makes me alright so no' I think to myself.

"Why exactly are you here?" I ask them leaning against the doorframe, sighing.

"Well Caps buddy, Bucky, aka the winter soldier is here, I was hiding from him and Nat came to drag me back but then we hear you singing and kinda listened" Clint explains.

"Just outa curiosity, Bucky wouldn't happen to be James Buchanan Barnes, now would be?" I asks and they frown in confusion but nod.

"Yeah that's him, wait you know him?" Clint asks.

"Yeah I know him pretty darn well, I gotta say hi" I say with a grin and walk past them, leaving the two confused.

I walk into the living room and see Bucks, I grin, "hey grandpa" I say with a smirk, he smiles in return.

"Elijah?" He says and I nod.

"The one and only" I say and he hugs me like a big freaking teddy bear.

"I'm not 4 anymore" I say and he chuckles.

"What are you doing here?" He asks me pulling away from the crushing hug.