Chapter four.

Morris grumbled under his breath as he slammed the door of the car he had just climbed in. The man on the steering stepping on the pedal when they heard police sirens in the distance. He hated cops because according to him they were mostly manipulated and bought by criminals who just happened to be more powerful and influential. He had a feeling this case was no different, the men Jonathan mentioned were a force to reckon with. Morris knew he was also a bad guy, a mafia leader to be more precise but though he took part in illegal activities he was not unjust in his line of business and he never killed unnecessarily. A principle he had learnt from his former , Bucks but he was positive such principles were nonsense to most criminals he encountered and these ones were not an exception.

He turned to look at the woman in the back seat to see if she was alright. Not too bad... He concluded as took in her bleeding arms , bruised neck and her split pouty lips. Her captivating grey eyes were staring at him shocked and her mouth agape. He shrugged and looked ahead noticing dawn was just breaking. He did not blame her for staring at him like that , she had a lot of reasons to do so.

" Aye ! Boss, they catching up , " the man beside him spoke up and Morris looked at the rear view mirror indeed seeing the blue and red flashing lights a couple of meters from them.

"Aye ! Boss , what to do ? " The man spoke up again trying not to panic as Morris thought in silence his mind working out a move while his keen eyes observed the traffic.

"Pull over, "

" What ?! "

" Pull . Over. Now ! "

" Aye ! Aye ! " He nodded as he abruptly changed the lane pulling the car to a stop at the side walk on their left causing the two vehicles that were behind them to mildly collide blocking the traffic.

" That should keep them busy for a while, " Morris snickered, full of himself observing the cops trapped having no way to follow them.

" Aye ! You boss , very intelligent , " the man acknowledged as he drove them away .

Morris smiled . He watched the man take the route that led to his mansion and he sighed in relief. The little boy inside him performing acrobatic dances that he was successful in this mission and now he could enjoy a good rest.

Finally, he got the woman back. She would be on her way and he would be minding his own territorial business.

But he was yet to discover how wrong he actually was...

****

The vehicle came to a stop in front of the huge mansion. He was home. Morris called out to the man behind him.

" Cayden , take her to Cora to be examined and treated then show her to a room . Make sure her needs are well met for now, "

He got out of the vehicle not waiting for Cayden's reply. He spotted Jonathan's sports car and he groaned. This troublesome little half cousin of his was back too. He only hoped the guy had brief issues . Morris was exhausted out of his mind and had a lot of pending matters to attend to.

He pushed open his huge doors and was met with a pacing Jonathan in the spacious living room, a worried expression on his face.

" Ahem ! " He cleared his throat and Jonathan's head snapped up , his bright blue eyes making contact with Morris' black.

" How long have you been going on about this ? " Morris asked him. From his tone, he was expecting an immediate report from his cousin .

" Oh! Thank goodness, you're back. I was deeply worried , "