Chapter twenty two.

The sun rays shone warmly on Zara's skin through the large glass window walls and she snuggled closer to the soft bed covers in contentment. Her grey eyes lazily darted around the room before resting at the clock high on the wall.

It was nine a.m.

Zara smiled. This was the first time in weeks she had had a good night sleep, free from horror dreams and unrest. She was grateful for the old voluminous book beside her head and the therapy Morris had organized for her.

Thinking of Morris, this was the second week in this mansion and she had never set her eyes on him since. Whenever Zara set out to look for him , she was told either he was away on his duties or out for a ride. Zara sighed. She did not know him well enough but she knew she missed his presence. She also wanted to thank him from rescuing her from the cruel hands of that jungle.

She slowly sat up in bed just as the door was knocked and a suited up Cayden walked in , a tray in his hands.

" Good morning Zara ? How are you feeling today ? " Cayden smiled.

" I'm good, thanks. Actually, I slept pretty well last night, "

" I see you are recovering, " he set the tray beside her, " breakfast in bed ? "

Zara laughed, " Thanks but you don't have to. "

" Oh ! Come on , it's the least I can do you know - "

" You mean the breakfast in bed ? " Zara raised a brow.

" Is someone thinking dirty ? "

" No , you started it Cayden , "

" No, I didn't, "

" Did ! "

"Didn't ! "

" You did ! "

Cayden burst out laughing, " Oh ! I would , you're very lovely Zara but I most certainly don't want my boss to kill me before my old age. "

Zara blushed.

" Anyway gat to go - "

" What's up with the outfit ? " Zara asked realizing that he was actually finely dressed.

" Uhm...a date , "

" You have a - "

" Zara, your tea will get cold, " Cayden cut her off and she knew he did not want to indulge into the topic further.

" Have you seen Morris ? " She asked to break the awkwardness between them and because she was actually concerned .

Cayden raised a brow, " Uh, of course . Why ? "

" Well, whenever I go looking for him , he is never around ? "

" What time do you do so ? "

" Uhm , in the afternoons and evenings, "

" Ah ! Obviously you won't find him , you should try in the mornings or very late at night . For example you could see him today but he usually wakes up at nine ...maybe try thirty minutes from now, "

" Okay, thanks, " Zara replied and watched him leave then shut the door .

Zara threw the covers off her and dashed into the bathroom.
She emerged ten minutes later and rummaged through the few clothes in the wardrobe , settling for a lovely blouse and black cotton pants. She realized the blouse revealed her stomach but gratefully hid her pierced navel and the pants were quite tight around her bum despite the kilos she had lost. She cursed, she did not want to send the wrong picture but those were the only decent and presentable clothes in the wardrobe.