Chapter eleven.

Zara cried hugging the soft pillow. She was so embarrassed. Damn , her stupid mouth ! She would have just kept quiet and let the man be, after all she barely knew him and was temporarily under his roof for protection.

The door creaked open and she saw a blurry Cayden step in the room because of the tears. She hated being helpless, she was sad that she could not be strong , she felt violated too and Cayden watching her cry made her feel worse but she could not muster the strength to throw him out of the room. She felt the bed dip beside her and her hands delicately engulfed in his larger ones. She looked down to see him apply soothing balm on the ugly bruises on her wrist. Either she was very weak or Morris was really strong if he could inflict such an injury by a mere grip . In this case , the latter was much more obvious. Cayden wiped her tears using his thumb and tilted her head up as if inspecting her for other injuries.

" I'm sorry... he's usually not like this,I don't know what possessed him..."

Zara merely nodded.

" I know it sounds ridiculous but please forgive him, Morris would never willing hurt you...and we have always vowed never to raise our hand against women...it's a family thing, "

Zara clenched a jaw, forgiving Morris at the moment seemed like an impossible thing to do. She looked up at Cayden who looked at her expectantly, his brown eyes pleading that she might utter a lenient word. She looked down and sighed. The brown eyed man was probably right. Zara admitted to herself that Morris' did not physically hurt her that much but was more hurt from the belittling and the embarrassment she felt. She saw the man sigh in defeat and put the balm in her hand before standing up to leave. Zara wondered why Cayden always kept defending  with Morris no matter what the man did , another question added to her big list of questions and that made a bulb light inside her head.

" On one condition, " she muttered to Cayden who had already turned the door knob to leave.

" What ? "

" That you will answer my every question..." She spoke up and watch the man turn slowly , giving her an assessing look before releasing the knob .

" God , the things I do for this man ..." he muttered so lowly that Zara barely heard him as he now sat on the edge of the bed .

" What ? What was that - "

" Ask away..."

" Who are you people ? What do you do ? Are you in Morris' mafia ? And most importantly, why I'm I here ? Also , why - "

" Easy tiger, " Cayden chuckled , " I can only answer a question at a time , "

" Okay..."

" Okay, to your first questions...my name is Cayden as you already know or you could call me , Cay. Morris and I are ...close, very close. We're childhood friends and the bond hasn't lessened to date . Nowadays , I assist him in running the mafia. I'm the next person people consult if he's not around as well as I'm the person that ensures his orders are followed to the letter. The activities of the mafia are pretty illegal ...only Morris should tell you what that entails. As to why you're here is simply for your own protection from the people that sent that man to take you away, " Cayden smiled.

" Who are those people ? "

" Uhm... Pretty influential guys but not good, " he answered vaguely and Zara understood that was not something he wanted to share so she tried another tactic.

" Is the necklace I have involved with this ? "

" Yes , the necklace is actually wholly involved in this mess but we're yet to get the entire information...that being said where is that necklace ? "