Chapter twenty six.

" Zara dear, I must say that you have tremendously improved in our sessions so far, "

" Thanks Mrs Smith, "

" Ah ! More thanks to you ! None of the people I've ever counselled improved so fast like you did! I don't know...it's a miracle ! "

" Yes , a miracle, " Zara giggled.

" Mind telling me the secret because I cannot believe that that was entirely therapy..."

" Uhm, nothing much , I just choose to try and accept what happened then purposed to be positive about it ...that I'll get back to my normal self and above all, I read this , " she gently placed the voluminous book on the table between them.

" The Bible? "

" Yes, Mrs. Smith, yes , "

" Wow ! This is a testimony, " she muttered.

" Well, I...uh...guess so, "

" Well , since you've said that your nightmares have ceased and you no longer get troubling thoughts whenever your mind wanders back to the incident save for eating any kind of meat ,which with time I believe will improve too then I believe I'll see you in a week's time, " the elderly woman stood up after pushing her glasses up her nose and picked her bags.

" Okay and I thank you very much for your help, Mrs. Smith, "

" Don't mention it, besides ,I'm just doing my job, " she beamed at Zara as she left.

Zara sighed and looked around in her temporary room. According to the clock that hang on the wall , it was only two o'clock in the afternoon and she was already bored. She left the room and walked down the stairs to see Cayden engrossed in rubbing the stones of lunar together.

" I thought Rita left with those..."

The tall man looked up startled but smiled once his gaze landed on her, " No, she left them. She thought they might be safer here. "

" So what are you doing with them ? "

" Rubbing them together, did you know that the friction causes them to actually emit sparks, " Cayden drew closer to her to show her what he meant, " you see this colorful sparks! This stone is so unique...I think it can be even used as a fire source..."

The rest of the words the enthusiastic man spoke were  ignored unintentionally as something much more interesting captured her attention.

" Zara ? Zara ? Are you listening? "

" Wait," she managed and ran towards the large screen on the wall as that unforgettable face  made an appearance.

" Zara - "

" Shush ! " She harshly silenced him and increased the volume.

The same piercing black eyes, long jet black hair and freckled skin but instead of the sack dress, she was in a decent t-shirt paired up with simple jeans as a reporter held a microphone to her mouth.

" ...me want to thank her in any place she be. Prince cruel man! Use and punish us. Me seen many killed because they no make him happy - "

" You said your name was Agueda? " The reporter confirmed.

" Yes me, "

" So can you agree it's true the so called Prince JoJo who awaits his final verdict made you indulge in practices of sex slavery ? "

" What slavery ? "

" Sorry, I mean ...sex 'use ' ? " He struggled to find a convenient term.

" Yes, use us to fill his needs and pass law that all women in jungle to never refuse any man in jungle...mostly him, "

" I see, is it true there were practices of cannibalism, oh ! I mean...err ...consump - err...eating human flesh carried out ? "

" Yes ! Yes ! Me sorry, we in jungle no say, he force us to eat it as ritual . With time children grow up used to it but me now feel it's very very wrong ! "

" How sad and very unfortunate...one last thing you'd like to say ? "

" Me want thank that pretty girl! Pretty brown hair...me no know but me think she close to that big man on TV that sent prince away. Me think they  send saviour and now we free because of  her , we free. Me even dress nice and more peace...if you see this...me very sorry but also me big big thank you, "

" Wow, " Cayden muttered beside her just as the screen changed  to something else.

Her grey eyes met with the wide brown ones and she managed a small smile.

" Who knew that your going to that place would be a huge turning point for them ? " Cayden shook his head.

" I guess there is nothing in this world that is completely and utterly hundred percent horrible then , "

****

Zara could not sleep not because of nightmares, she could not even accurately remember the last time she had those. She was simply not that tired, she sighed and her eyes darted to the clock for the millionth time. It was two a.m in the morning.

Huffing and puffing , she left the room and find herself heading towards Morris' room. She gently knocked and waited for a reply only to be met with silence. Zara knocked again to find the same and she frowned concerned. Might have Morris not come back yet ? Or even deeply immersed in sleep ? The last thought made her decide to peep in as she was very much aware that Morris did not take kindly  interruptions when asleep.

Opening the door a crack, she peered in  expecting to see his huge figure on the bed instead it was empty and very neatly spread. She frowned but soon noticed the balcony door was open and the wind blew in rustling the silk curtains.

She slowly tiptoed in the room and spotted his silhouette at the balcony. She could make out his powerful arms gripping the rail and she approached him. She quietly stood beside him and studied his thoughtful face under the dim moonlight before reaching out and touching him . The man jumped then narrowed his eyes at her.

" Sorry...but I couldn't sleep, "

" I couldn't sleep either, " his deep voice concurred with her.

" You were thinking..."

Morris sighed, " about some matters. "

" It's about yesterday, isn't it ? It's about Jonathan, right ? "

She watched the man sigh heavily and plucked a flower beside him, his biceps muscles flexing deliciously as he did then he looked at her, " I'm a bad man lollipop. "

" You do realize you can change that..."

" Jonathan will never forgive me... Bucks maybe but I was the worst, "

" Everyone deserves a chance. Don't give up, "

They stared at each other in  momentary silence.

" By the way ..."

" Yeah ? "

" I know we haven't established exactly what is between us but...but can...we ...keep it that way. I'm really fond of you, I want to know you better, Zara , "

She smiled as his black eyes sorely concentrated on her, a vulnerable look deep within their depths.

" I want to know you better too, Morris, "

He presented the flower before her, " you met my darkness . This rose represents it in every aspect...so sorrowful and lost... "

" ...but uniquely lovely, " she concluded the statement, smiling warmly up at him then gently took the black rose from him.

A muscular arm wrapped around her waist and tightened as they peacefully watched the full moon over the tall and busy towers below it.