Chapter eighteen.

Zara ran.

She ran pursuing her long desired freedom. She ran to promised safety, her feet light and swift on the grassy ground. Fear was easily propelling her legs forward though her body was worn out. She run deeper into the forest not knowing where she was headed and oblivious to the changing environment around her.

The trees around her were thicker , hindering the sun light and the chirping birds were suddenly silent but Zara run paying no attention. The ground grew slippery and she slipped . Her body jerking forward as she released a surprised cry , waving her hands to break the fall but it was too late as she plunged head first into the muddy pool.

She splattered and coughed out while shaking her head , swimming with difficulty and caution to the other end. Struggling, she wiped off the grime from her face after successfully but clumsly pulling herself out of the pool. She looked around finally noticing her disturbing environs for the first time.

Zara shuddered.

It was darker, no form of human habitation seemed present and it was too silent for her liking. She suppressed the feeling of worry and shrugged as she made to turn around. She assumed that it was obvious she would be safe as long as she made her way back but how she was wrong when her grey eyes met with bright yellow orbs lurking in the shadows a few meters from her on the left.

Instead of following her the desperate words of her inner voice to avert her eyes and run, Zara narrowed her eyes trying to figure out what it was and it moved . The yellow orbs drawing closer as a black head full of spots illuminated by a ray of sunlight emerged from the shadows , revealing itself to her curious eyes ; one of the most deadliest beasts to man. A black jaguar stared back at her as it snarled and Zara slowly stared to back away as the reality of the situation dawned on her. Her bottom lip quivered and survival instinct kicked in, she turned and bolted.

Zara ran round the pool while the predator plunged into it, swimming surprisingly fast towards her. She stepped  into the former path , her legs bolting at full speed. Her life depended on it. She could feel the merciless carnivore speeding up behind her and she knew soon it would catch up with her. She needed to distract it.

Impossibly increasing her maximum pace, she almost sighed in relief when  she saw the open clearing in the distance and men still fighting . She heard  it growl behind her and she could feel panic setting in.

She hoped she would make it.

***

A simple sedan pulled up on the deserted lane across a skyscraper that bore the brightly illuminated words , " Capital Tower" at its top most floor just as dawn was setting in .

A short man sat at an odd angle at the back seat due to his bound hands and feet . A tape was ripped off his mouth and he moaned in pain while his brown eyes met with green glaring eyes.

" Listen to me very carefully, Abbadon. We're going in... I expect you to cooperate with every single thing Jonathan tells you to, that is , if you want to make it alive ,I'm I clear ? "

" You ungrateful little brat! I will ensure your cousin - "

A sharp blade rested at his throat and green stared into brown , the threat clear causing Abbadon to sigh and nod his head.

" Yes..yes I will , "

" Good, "

The knife was withdrawn.

" Aight , let's go ...uncle you will stay, " Jonathan flung open the door as he stepped out and Quinn followed suit, dragging Abbadon from the car .