Chapter sixteen.

Morris was brisk in his steps .

He watched the sunset, his mind slowly running a count down.

His black piercing eyes monitored the activities in the compound. He narrowed his eyes watching as Cayden assembled the men , his men .

Morris was impatient, right from the moment the documents that bore JoJo's bearings in Amazon forest fell into his hands and a signed contract that proved Zara was indeed in JoJo's hands somewhere in a damned ' Paty jungle ' . His blood boiled. He wished he could capture Abbadon and teach him an exemplary lesson about touching things that were not his but he willed himself to relax.

Soon. Soon , he would pay. He evilly smirked .

He looked at the mansion floor.

A bag full of rifles was slid on the expensive wooden  floor .

A second one  full of  different kinds of guns followed suit.

A third one full of bombs and grenades trailed after.

Morris smirked . The monster within him happily dancing at the thought of revenge.

The bags were hastily loaded into the giant helicopter specifically purchased for this mission. He pulled the collar of his black shirt watching keenly as Cayden barked orders to the men in black. Their black boots thumping on the floor as they marched confirming the dangerous reality of the situation.

This was war.

The men formed a neat line in front of the mansion and started reciting the mafia's mantra. A sign that they were all set to fight and awaited the final whistle blow from their leader.

Morris smiled as he stood before them , placing his right hand on his chest , just over his heart. A significant geature. His eyes assessed all the twenty men and he nodded. He deemed them fit enough ,his mafia was different, it was an army and he   the commander in chief.

" Brotherhood ? "  His deep booming voice echoed through his compound.

" Together we fight, together we win,
Evil we are, but justice turned  injustice,
By the sword, we tame,
For they fear our name, "

His eyes twinkled. He craved revenge.

" This is war . We are set out to attack, use wrong to set wrong into right, " Morris paused thoughtfully scanning the men ," we fight but none of us shall initiate violence. None of us come off as aggressive till they do so. We are only twenty two men going against an entire community by targeting their leader . We are out for an individual not a massacre. The weapons are for defense in event they overpower us by number ... Shoot on threat. No harm to women or children. No harm to unarmed.  Our mission is their leader and the girl. "

Morris turned and motioned to Cayden to take over.

He glared at the tall man. A look meaning purely  business before he turned and walked into the mansion to pick his gear.

Soon... He nodded.

***
Bright blue eyes were glued to the screen while his veiny fingers moved so fast on the keyboard almost a blur. Jonathan sighed. He had been up for twenty four hours straight trying to find more leads from the documents they got at Abbadon's home.

He looked at his wrist watch as a file downloaded. It was six o'clock in the evening. He yawned , he was tired. He looked up for the first time in hours to scan his surroundings , his eyes relieved for the little change of scenery. Quinn had dozed off on the carpeted floor his body twisted in an odd angle and a dark old man , Rita's uncle called Ben was struggling  keep his head up due to drowsiness.

The door of the study swung open , revealing a huge Morris all in black , his right hand heavy with a short gun and a bag over his shoulder.

" I'm leaving, " his deep voice announced , startling Quinn and Ben ," Bucks is staying. Get more leads and act on it fast ...we need to do everything fast before they figure out what is going on. "

" Good luck , " Jonathan managed to say and Morris slammed the door in response as he left.

His blue eyes flicked back to the screen and he smirked victoriously. It was accurately the information he needed.

" Any more leads ? " Bucks walked into the study a few minutes later , a wornout Rita trailing behind him.

" Yeah , see this necklace ," he raised the stone pendants necklace for all in the room to see," its key pendant opens up the safe at the bank vault in Capital Tower in the city as well as Abbadon's safe. I've managed to try all surveillance cameras in the tower and they can all be manipulated to a certain extent but five cannot be manipulated at all and sadly they are all within our way. We'll need to use a damn tunnel for us to access the secured vault... It's the only way in otherwise we risk being seen. "

" How do you mean you can't manipulate them ? "

"  Uncle Ben , it will be too fishy. I can only manipulate them to show no signal nothing else , so if it takes too much time they will know something is wrong and come up to check, "

" You can't cut off the power supply or something , tamper with the gadgets ...corrupt the system ? " Quinn asked as he sat up. He was tired.

" I can but it depends on when we are going to attack  and I'll design software to corrupt the system to allow us in , "

" By corrupting the system ...you mean ? "

" I could turn everything off for a while then back on after we're in but we will have to ensure the automatic power supply is switched off to, "

" So... How do you intend to do that ? "

" Let me see what I can do , Quinn but meanwhile we need to set the time to strike , must be within thirty six hours... When Morris is done we should also be done ,"

" We go at night then ? " Been suggested but Jonathan considered that too soon.

It would not make any difference since the activity at the tower was busy around the clock but he had a program to develop. First, he had to get to their network, something he knew a friend would help him to do.

" Too soon, " he shook his head. His blue eyes tired.

" Five a.m ? " Quinn suggested .

" I'll see what I can do. Let's settle for five a.m then. Rita ,please get me more coffee. Uncle Ben you will drive us and Quinn , you and I will go in, so let me get this..." His fingers typed again as he sought for the internal layout of the bank.

Jonathan was determined.

He hoped his present actions would make up for his mistakes in the past. He wanted to be accepted into the family as a member. He craved forgiveness and acceptance from the only two men he knew as blood. He was stupid in the past but he hoped that would be forgotten . He would stop at nothing till he earned their forgiveness.

His blue eyes looked up from the screen and zeroed on Quinn.

" So, Quinn listen..."