Chapter fifteen.

It was an intricate design.

It swirled again and different colors clashed. A quick swirl made them blend into a royal blue as they outlined a sunflower then it quickly changed again to another pattern.

Her finger tried to trace it but it was difficult. The patterns never held for long.

" Yours different,"

Her grey eyes immediately snapped up at the sound of the familiar voice.

" Agueda? " Zara asked , taking in the sight of the beautiful middle aged woman beaming at her.

" Yes me, " she nodded while setting down a tray of tiny wooden bowls.

Zara watched her actions warily.  From the events that had transpired she ended up  scared , curious and mistrustful of everyone around her.

" Comida ! " Agueda ordered the girl massaging Zara's back and she scampered off  .

She started mixing the oils in the bowls causing lovely scents to fill the air but that somehow made Zara more scared as she recalled the events that transpired the last time she was presented a bowl of delicious aroma of food.

Agueda's  piercing eyes noticed Zara's look and she sighed.

" Me understand if you angry for me but me cannot tell you about rite of acceptance yesterday. It a big taboo, so me very sorry, "

" Rite of acceptance..." Zara was more confused as she stared at the clear water she had been immersed in as if it held some answers.

" Yes, it taboo to tell new people here and me not want to make you afraid too but me tell you after you eat food but warriors come faster, " Agueda continued explaining as she shifted to  rub  Zara's back.

Zara tensed. Who knows maybe she's using human fat this time round?

" Me use myrr oil and also oil from this tree, " Agueda said as if reading her mind and tapped the fir tree next to the small but clean pond they were in, " so me forgiven ? "

Zara hesitated. Agueda had never lied to her , the fact that she chose to ignore her persistent question instead of lying to her told her a lot about her character. Agueda was the only person who could tell her truthful answers.

" Yes Agueda, but...you must tell me everything, "

" Me know, me know , that make me send her away, " Agueda jerked her head in the direction she had sent the girl initially massaging Zara's back.

" One, me happy for you, " Agueda smiled at a puzzled Zara.

" Happy , why ? "

The woman pointed at Zara's new swirling tattoo on her left thigh , " this show you  pass rite of acceptance. Anyone fail they put in pot water to cook. Me not tell you make you scared , me sorry . But I pray , pray , prince find you good in his eyes and he did . This is sign and your sign beautiful and different from us. Me no see sign that show shape..all move but yours show shape and move ! "

" But I thought he said that I was to be treated well , then why would I have failed the acceptance...uh.. rite? "

" That true ! That true ! But we not know prince ...can punish you if you not obey him and show you weak and him strong , "

" What ? "

" Me say,  when you show prince yesterday you weak and scared ...you make him happy, "

That man that approached her amidst the crowd was the prince .... JoJo? And he was pleased with her fear, the man was sick !

" And he happy very . Never see him smile but you make him , if you not obey him, he can give you small pain can not kill you...he need you for code but me feel he like you too, " Agueda smiled .