Chapter ten.

Morris looked at the woman seated beside him in unbelief that she would dare call him such a word. He was not a murderer, never ! He denied it , he had no regrets for what he had done and he was not going to be labeled a ' killer ' by anyone.

He simply gave an eye for an eye ,a  tooth for a tooth and a life for a life. He watched her stand up and start backing away from him in fear. She knew she had hit a dangerous nerve. Morris did not see Zara or the grey innocent eyes staring back at him at this point, in her place he saw a woman that condemned him and judged him for his deeds. Morris refused to be judged . He lunged at her.

His irrational mind overrode his thoughts . He was too angry to notice he had grabbed both her small hands in a tight hurtful grip that she started to bruise. He spun her around and with a free hand he landed a harsh slap on her curvy posterior causing her to yelp in pain. Morris did not think, no , he did not know what he was doing . His hand was moving on his own accord . He seemed possessed, blind to her tears and deaf to her loud screams pleading with him to stop the embarrassing and painful assault.

" Please , I'm sorry ! Don't hit me, please... ... I swear I'll never forgive you for this..." She trailed off in a whisper and his hand stilled , mortification setting in at what he had just done. He immediately released her as if she were a hot metal rod that burned his skin. His mind dully registered Cayden bursting in the room and pinning him against the wall. All he saw was a tearful Zara rubbing her posterior , a painful expression mixed with embarrassment on her face.

" What the hell is wrong with you ?! "

" HAVE YOU LOST IT ?! HAVE YOU ? "  A punch landed squarely on his face while Cayden roared questions at him. He felt numb. He wanted to kneel and ask for forgiveness but one look at her face told him , he would rather not bother.

" You ! " She approached him , her eyes livid and her voice thick with anger.

" I will never forgive you for this, "she yanked the Ruby bracelet off her wrist and threw it hitting his bloody face.

Morris stepped back. The numerous blows that Cayden was faithfully landing on him at the present time did not hurt but the ache in his chest was unbearable that he almost doubled over . Physically he was numb but emotionally he was wrecked.

...we may not have killed anybody but we might have caused them pain...emotional pain is the worst kind of...

Wasn't it ironical how her words affected him barely an hour later ? Karma was real .

" Get out ! Get away from me ! " She yelled and he immediately left the room, Cayden hot on his trail.

He felt his coat grabbed and he was forcefully spun around to face  a fuming Cayden.

" What is wrong with you ?! " Cayden demanded , grabbing Morris' bloody collar .

" I donno, I just don't know what happened...we we're talking and she said something I didn't like then I blacked out from my actions. I didn't even realize what I was doing until she swore...n- never to forgive me..."

" I told you that you were an asshole ! "

" I'm sorry ! I donno what happened, I just lost it ! "

" Oh ! Right, damn you - "

Morris shoved the man away. Truthfully, he did not know what came over him and it obviously bothered him. He ran down the stairs and stormed out of the mansion, the cold night air making his face wounds sting and calming him down a little. He desperately needed to vent out his frustrations and a fast drive would do. He scanned all the vehicles on his parking lot and ended up deciding against it.