Chapter twelve.

Morris laughed . He shut his eyes once again.

For this life , I cannot change
Hidden hills, deep off in the main...

He bobbed his head in serious agreement with the lyrics of the song that blasted through the radio. He stepped on the pedal the purr of the engine louder, echoing in the silent dark night.

...M & M's , sweet like candy cane,
Drop the top, pop it , let it bang ( pop it , pop it )

He smiled as the wind howled against his ear in failing attempt to drown the lyrics, important lyrics. 

Drop the top , play hide and seek
Jump inside, jump straight to the lake
Take a sip, feel just how I be ( it's lit )
On freeway, but no , ain't nothing free ( straight up )
Bend laws , bend lanes...

" Bend laws, bend lanes ..." He muttered.

Morris felt control slipping through his fingers and he laughed,  casually letting his eyelids slide open. Many drivers would have panicked in such a situation as they tried to steady the vehicle that was  speeding in loop motion but not Morris. He was a complex man and an unusual man. Like the maniac that he was, Morris smiled broadly and allowed the sports car to veer off the road, its speed exaggeratedly high against the legal limit. He handled the wheel relaxed, too relaxed as the car approached a building at a dangerous pace. He did not bother slowing down the vehicle. Why should he ?

He sighed apathetically just as a few yards were left between the concrete and the car. A debate arose within himself , his black piercing eyes narrowing. Morris then abruptly swerved , changing course.

Bang !

The car came to a sudden stop and a tree fell overhead. Morris released the laughter bubbling up his throat. He had not had such fun for quite a long time. He stepped out of the car to inspect the damage.

The bonnet was halfway mangled and the bumper was hanging. Morris smiled proudly , he felt appeased and that meant one thing : Jonathan was probably forgiven, probably.

He did all he could to lift the bumper back to stop it from pathetically scraping  ground  before hoping back into the vehicle. He revved up the engine and started reversing the car to head back just as his phone started vibrating in his pocket.

" Boss? "

" Yes, Cayden ? " He spoke calmly into the phone as his other hand smoothly handled the wheel .

" There is a problem, "

" What now ? "

" Uh... Z- Zara she's , she's gone ..."

" What ?! " He exclaimed and his foot hit the pedal unintentionally causing the engine to whirr reminding Morris the current damaged state of the sports car.

" I'm sorry , boss ! ".

" How is that even possible ? "

" Boss, we were attacked. It was chaos everywhere then ....then she was gone ! "

" Cayden ? " Morris' voice dropped into a growl that promised a threat.

" R - ris... Boss ? "

" Let me get this straight...a heavily fortified mansion with fifty well armed guards plus you were attacked , defeated and she was taken away...how many were they ? " He asked in a calm tone, a too calm tone and the man at the other end audibly gulped. A calm Morris was never a good sign.

" B- boss it was an ambush, we weren't expecting- "

" Answer me Cayden,how many were they ? "

" I think they were t - ten ...we captured four - "