Chapter twenty one.

It was drizzling , chilly and dull.

A procession slowly walked into the graveyard following the men in black, bearing the weight of a black shiny coffin on their shoulders.

Morris followed at a distance, the only man in grey as everyone else was in black; a sign of their despair. Low cries and sniffles could still be heard. He watched as a few members ahead of him embrace in pointless attempt to seek comfort.

The procession finally came to a stop and the freshly dug grave was surrounded. The men solemnly lowered the coffin into the hole.

A priest stood at the head of the lowered coffin and Morris put on his dark rimmed glasses and listened to the man's final funeral speech .

He was guilty.

Guilty for framing the mini explosion that took Quinn's life away at the tower as a terrorist attack. Guilty for using his wealth and power in manipulating the media to say what he ordered them to. Guilty that innocent Quinn's death was on his head. Guilty that Quinn's cousin would probably survive surgery but would never see the man that lay down his life as sacrifice for her sake.

For the first time, he was deep in regret .

Morris sighed and looked up at the cloudy sky. He had to do what he did, if the media reported the truth , he would be in police custody and it would have rendered Quinn's sacrifice useless. The only way out was to fight dirty to win this war and he vowed he would , no matter what it took. He would avenge Quinn , Zara and Jonathan.

Justice must prevail. He nodded.

He watched as the priest took a handful of red soil and threw it on the coffin.

"...from dust you came, to dust you shall return..."

The robed man threw the red soil two more times as he recited the scripture and stepped aside to allow the family and the rest of the members to pay their last respects.

Morris was the last to step forward. He took a handful of soil in utmost difficulty as a hidden tear rolled down a cheek.

" God have mercy on me. I let him down," he lowly muttered and watched the red grains scatter on the black shiny surface as he released the dirt. He turned away from the site, leaving behind his vulnerability and his harsh demeanor immediately took over.

He was inwardly raging.

The fact that Abbadon survived the explosion scathed with a few injuries while Quinn died on the spot and his half cousin's life was hanging by a loose thread in hospital made him crave for blood. He wanted JoJo and Abbadon dead, no, he wanted them to slowly suffer.

He raised his phone to his ear once he was out of the yard. He was making a call and impatiently waited for the man at the other end to pick his call.

" Halloo, " a loud voice spoke up after the third ring.

" Where the hell are you, officer? " Morris gritted into the phone.

" Whoa! I can see you're in quite a mood. May - "

" Save me the crap. Meet me at Lee Funeral Home Grounds. Twenty minutes, " Morris disconnected the call already irritated.

If the man did not play his cards carefully around Morris he would end up leaving their encounter with a beautifully swollen face , artistically designed by Morris' huge fists.

Morris rocked on his heels. Hands tucked into the pockets of his grey suit pants. His temper was flaring by the second.

Luck on the man's side, he arrived shortly afterwards. A smug expression on his face but it slid off once Morris took off his glasses and glared at him.