Chapter thirteen.

The rumble of thunder was loud and clear as the heavy nimbus clouds hovered over the forest blocking the sun . The first raindrops hit the soft Earth and soon it was pouring heavily .

Zara's eyelids slowly slid open , her vision blurry and strange voices were loud around her , muttering things she could not understand. A figure hovered over her and she waited till her focus sharpened to make out the slender frame of an attractive girl staring back at her.

Where was she ?

" Ela esta' acordata ! Ela esta' acordata ! "

She heard the feminine voice mutter and she frowned .

Her eyes quickly darted around her surroundings.

Rain , green , so much green, water ? Trees ?.... Where was she ?

" Where am I ? " She weakly asked to no one in particular as she blinked but that only attracted the attention of all women in the small open air floating house and she was quickly surrounded.

Many black pair of eyes stared back at her curiously and that is when Zara remembered everything. She gasped and with the little strength she could muster she sat up and looked down on herself expecting to find ... her injuries gone ! Zara frowned again studying her smooth skin and the brown sack like material she had on. She looked up confused at the black eyes staring back at her.

She studied each of the women , their troubling appearance slowly dawning into her. All of them had black eyes staring back at her curiously and intensely, their facial features were almost similar but strikingly attractive , all had shiny jet-black hair up to the waist and the only article of clothing was a thin strip of fabric over their busts paired with a short skirt that was reaching at mid thigh level but the most capturing detail was the swirling patterns on every of their left thighs. She narrowed her eyes trying to make out the shape but failed miserably, the tattoo kept on swirling , changing colors that she felt herself grow dizzy.
Unique colors almost like ...

" Você quer isso ? " A girl spoke up motioning to her thigh, " você vai obtê - lo ".

" What ? What was that ? " Zara asked her eyes darting between the girl and her tattooed thigh.

The girl's face fell when she realized Zara could not understand whatever she was saying and looked at the rest for help. The girl continued staring at Zara in the same curious way and Zara was beginning to get scared. She did not like that one started pointing at her hair before muttering words she could not comprehend to the rest and each of them reached out to touch it. She shut her eyes in dreadful anticipation.

" Sair ! "

The girls immediately dispersed at the harsh order barked at them and Zara trembled afraid. She opened her eyes once again and saw a middle aged woman approaching her. She noticed the deep resemblance between the girls and the woman making her wonder if they were her daughters. Instead of their flimsy outfit, the woman had a brown sack like dress that reached mid thigh, again exposing the disturbing unique tattoo.

" Me , Agueda, " the woman spoke averting Zara's attention from her thigh to her smiling face.

Zara was about to speak but the woman's voice cut her off, " Ines ? Ines ? "

A small girl came running inside the small house , a bowl in hand. Zara could guess that she was at least twelve years old .

" See, Ines . Me baby," the woman spoke to Zara as she pointed at the girl who now stood beside the mat Zara lay.