Chapter 4 : The Pendant's Charm

We reached the ground floor and walked towards the beach. The air was cold and fragrant. The glowing sun, a crisp circle in the bloody sky, illuminated a quivering path across the water. That instant gaze at the half set sun made me completely awestruck.

My girls were already running into the chilled water. Beautiful shells has covered the wet sand. Forgetting everything around me, I genuinely started to enjoy the breeze. Never felt so alive and vibrant.

A little far away I saw something shining under the golden sun. It made me utterly curious. I walked towards it and something like a chain was half submerged in the sand. I pulled it out and saw a pendant, shimmering in my hand. It was a half moon hanging as a locket. To be honest I could not stop myself admiring that.

I couldn't see anyone near the place who could have lost it. I thought to wear it once and take it off. Unlocking the clasps, I wore it on my neck and suddenly I felt a kind of glitch. I tried to turn back and leave the place but I felt a strange force beckoning me.

"What in the world...." I panicked.

A rainbow kind of flash covered my eyes and as my vision cleared, I see a mysterious man reaching his hand out for me.

"Who are you? How did I ended up here??? Is this a ship? Like for real?" This time I was really frightened. I was in the middle of nowhere.

I realised that the pendant was choking me and out of anger I loosened it and tucked it inside my pocket. By then my instincts told that probably this thing has something to do with my presence here.

Thousand and thousands of thoughts flooded my mind. I was confused, scared and worried. Will I ever return to my place? This pendant has something to do with this incident for sure. I tried to wear it again but the pendant was not ready to come out of my pocket. It was stuck.

Suddenly a uniform-man came to me, kicked on my legs, made me bend down to my knees and pointed a dagger towards my neck. I was damn confused. A while later that same pirate guy came and pushed him out of the ship.

I was still trying to look at that face once again, in a proper way as I felt a kind of warmth near him. He was really a good looking man with broad shoulders and brown eyes. Almost with perfect features and physique.

"May I?" He reached out his hand for me.

Ugh this is not good.