Chapter 18 : Essence of Affection

"Miss Rosy please get up." Someone was shaking my body.

I slowly opened my eyes to the sound and found Eric standing infront of me.

"Eric!! Why are you here so early? Anything serious? Has anything happened?"

"No miss Rosy, everything is fine. Would you mind spending a day with me?" He asked innocently.

"Who? Me? For real?"

"Yes. I'll wait here. Get changed fast!! We will take a walk together." Eric pushed me into the dressing room.

After freshening up, we went out to the village which was still silent and less crowded.

"Follow me. I'll take you to a beautiful place." Eric took my hand and walked.

After walking for a while we reached near a small lake and the water was so clear that I could see myself crystal clear.

"Why so suddenly Eric? After what happened yesterday, I thought you will never talk to me."

"I never intended to do so but there's something that pulls me towards you." Eric explained with a strong gaze.

"Oh look!! Such a pretty flower." My eyes fell on a miniature blooming flower. I plucked it and the smell was so very aromatic. It was blood red coloured and looked very bold to itself.

"Would you mind if I put that on your hair?"

"Sure." I replied.

Eric turned me around and slowly tucked the flower. His touch on my hair was actually making me quite nervous.

"It's done." Eric patted my head.

"Thanks Eric. I loved to decorate my hair with these miniature flowers when I was young. My dad would collect these from our garden and hand it over. Gosh! I suddenly miss him. It feels like I'm gone forever." My voice was almost breaking.

"You really want to go back? If for once I believe that you time travelled to here, so that means one day you will have to return isn't it miss Rosy?"

I couldn't understand what Eric meant by that.

"Ofcourse I will. I never belonged here from the start. I happened all because of that pendant." I replied bluntly.

"So if you have to return one day, will you not miss us? Will you not miss me?" This was the first time I saw Eric getting a bit emotional.

"Oh Eric, the crew is a family to me right now. You think everything is so easy for me. Honestly I don't know if it's right time to say but I think I love you already." That was the fastest proposal I ever made. Why did I do that.

"You do?" He turned 180 degree towards me.

"Well... Umm... I can't say... It ... Just happened."
Damn I am such a fool.

"I love you too Rosy. I was scared all along to speak about it. I wasn't ready to say it either. Spending my days in the fear if you disappear without saying a final goodbye."

"I won't. I promise. When it's time, it will be you whom I want to see for the last time."
I grabbed his collar and placed my lips on his. If I could propose first then kissing should be my initiative only.