Chapter 7 : In Midst of Marauders

The pirate crew hustles around the deck, shouting and pulling ropes. Eric opens a spyglass and peers towards the vast ocean.

"But I want to know how did she ended up here? If she didn't come from the Navy's ship then how did she got here in the middle of the ocean? Magic?" Some well built man was arguing with Eric about me and loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Or she could be a witch?" The guy continued.

Every eye turned towards me.

"I am not a witch mister whatever. If I was then I would act less suspicious." I cried in anger.

"She's completely my responsibility Richard. So please take it easy and trust me. She will return back soon. I shouldn't hear anything that makes our guest annoyed or hurt. Everyone got that?"

"Aye Captain" everybody in unison.

"Please introduce yourselves to our guest. I guess she will be needing all of us to survive" Eric smiled.

He walked towards me and said "Your sudden appearance is making everyone think like that otherwise Richard is a good person. We always worry about our people's safety."

"I completely understand that. Even I need to find my own answers."

"The reason I believed you is because of you costume. I have travelled every part of the world and never ever saw a girl wearing such unusual dress. I can't trust completely but yes, my instinct says you have traveled a long distance."

His words gave me strength and a reason to breath without giving up.

"Once I find my pendant, I'll leave this place forever. Until then please be with me and trust me. I will do no harm."

"I know. A pirate can recognise a person very properly. Your protection is now one of my duty from today. Change your dress, eat something and join the crew. You need to learn many things to get along with these people."

He whistled and a young girl appeared.

"Take her." He commanded.

She turned towards me "Hi, my name is Janet. I'm the youngest here. Come I'll show you your room and give you some attire to wear."

I nodded and looked back at Eric. He was still staring at me softly, this time more with concern. I smiled and headed towards the room.