Chapter 19 : Beloved's Trinket

Our eyes met and even though I wanted to speak a lot, our eyes did all the talking. Slowly they were closed and everything felt perfect. Eric took me in his arms and the kiss grew more passionate. His grip was tightened and I could taste his love with mine. Suddenly a sound appeared out from the wind...

"RETURN what's not yours."

Frightened by the voice, we stopped and looked behind to find an old woman standing with the help of a stick. She walked towards Eric and held his hand.

"Time to let go son. You can't hold onto something that won't stay for long. Before the next sunset make sure it reaches to it's own place. Follow the water and be rest assured." She smiled at me and disappeared into the woods.

"What was that? What happened just now? And what was she talking about Eric?" I was in utter shock.

"I have no idea. But I think I may ...." Eric stopped.

"May what?"

"Oh I think she's a mad woman. Never mind. Let's go. I'll leave you back to your cottage." Eric hurried.

"Oh yeah sure. I guess we should get back." Oh boy, I felt like my date just ended here.

Eric didn't talked much on the way back and looked quite disturbed. We finally reached the cottage.

"Rosy I wanted to give something." Eric took out a beautiful hair pin that has a vintage touch to it.

"Wow. Is this for me?" I love surprises and specially vintage types.

"Yes. I don't have anything much to give you. This is my mother's."
That was quite emotional.

"Then I can't have it Eric. Your mother won't be happy watching this." I refused.

"Trust me love, she would be as happy as me. She wanted to give it to someone I may love and for me it's only you." His words were touching but I reminded myself that this is not my home and probably there won't be any future between us too. But legends says that love is blind and I'm very much in love with this person.

"Thanks Eric. I'll always keep this close to my heart." I hugged him again.

"But why do you look so gloomy suddenly? Is it because of the old lady?" I could clearly notice the worries and concern all over his face.

"Ofcourse not. It's just... I don't know what will happen once you are gone. After my mother I wasn't been able to love somone else. But I got you. And now you may also leave soon."

"Not until my pendant is fond. I don't know where to look for it more. All my hopes are vanishing." This was more hurtful for me now.

"You miss your father? Friends?"

"Yes Eric ofcourse I do. But now leaving you will hurt even more. Unfortunately this is not the place for me but how can I go back and stop loving you? It's too late now. I cannot love anybody but you." My tears were flowing with grief.

"Everything happens for a reason Rosy. Let's wait and watch."

Eric waved at me and left.

Why fate was mocking at us? Will I have choose between my past and future?