Chapter 20 : Day Turned Twisted

I looked at the beautiful golden pin and promised myself for not forgetting Eric or anything and anyone here.

The sun was high and as usual people have started to get noisy and streets got busy. A while later I heard a knock at my door.

"Rosy you there?"

"Yes Janet, please come in."

"There's a fair in the village!! You wanna join me? It's amazing. We are lucky this time to have one." Janet sounded excited.

"That sounds great. Let's go!!"

A massive crowd has gathered to partake in the festivities. There are people from different walks of life. They have colourful and diverse appearances, some are brightly dressed while some are ordinarily clad.

People were buzzing around and music of flute, mouth organ, piped instruments were heard from every corner. Wooden stalls set up for selling copper pots, attires etc. Children running here and there with thier soft candies. Varities of food cooked and prepared on the spot. Never in my entire life have I thought to experience these emotions that I usually read in books.

Eric and his father was also there with the crew.

"I guess Miss Rosy wouldn't be much interested to come in here and have a good time." The so called 'tantrum master' was trying to taunt me.

"Well well master, if I can adjust with you then this village and it's festive should be like a heaven for me isn't it?" I smiled at Eric, took Janet's hand and left with an attitude. As if I care. Huh!!

I heard him saying to Eric "I will never like this girl." And crew started to laugh. Even though he's irritating but not that bad.

Everything looked beautiful and Janet and me have almost spend few hours there looking at the jewels and visiting each stall to make sure we aren't missing anything.

Slowly the noon was passing and the sun was giving more of a dim golden ray. As we decided to return, a piercing gun fire sound was heard upfront. Not knowing the reason, people started to scream and scatter.

I could see a huge ship making its way through the harbour and few uniform guys popping out. It was none other than the same men who had fought with the pirates on the same day I ended up here.

"EVERYBODY!! CHARGE!!!!" The British captain shouted.