Chapter 13 : Love Under Stars

I waved at them and moved myself to another side, staring at the sky.

"Do you mind joining me for my night's watch?"

"Who me??" I was shocked

"Yes. All the crew members are drunk and sleeping. I don't think today anyone would be able to keep a watch. I didn't drink much but a company would be much appreciated." Eric replied

After a moment of hesitation I agreed.

I looked at the sea below and this high the moonlight glittering over the water seems otherworldly.

"So what are we watching for?" I asked

"Anything that can cause harm. We are looking for other ships. Especially those which might be chasing us. Or signs that the weather could be turning." Eric replied seriously.

"Oh!! I feel like I can see the whole world from here." I said ignoring his serious words.

Eric gave me a teasing look

"Aye, that's why this is my favourite spot on the ship. Perfect for some peace... And Romance?"

"Romance huh?? And that's why you brought me here? Clever." I teased back.

"You have been distracting me for quite a while now. So I thought to take a step forward."

Eric turned towards me with a strong gaze. My spine tingled at the weight of it. He pulled me near him and kept a tight hold on my waist. Lowered his head and kissed me. Our lips met with a strong desire. I lost my control and surrendered to him. He kept kissing for a long time and finally released me.

"I'm sorry if this was too quick. I have already fallen for you I guess. Please accept my apology." Eric sounded very concerned.

This wasn't a proposal right? I wish it was.

"But I loved it and to be honest I wanted more but I guess we shouldn't be in hurry. I don't know how many days are left with you here in your paradise. Sooner or later I'll be leaving." I replied with a broken heart

We hugged each other looking farther at the sea thinking about absolutely nothing but us.