First

Chapter One: The Curious & The Breathless

Jungkook's finger caressed the girl's cheeks who is currently laying on the hard pavement in the center of the highway with blood oozing from her head and bathing her body helplessly. The truck left after knowing he had hit someone. It's basically hit and run.

A crowd of people stared at the girl with shock while some pulled their phone out to take a picture of her corpse.

Jungkook backed away from the girl after seeing her soul slowly leaving her body. One-touch of a grim reaper and you're gone. Your soul will leave your body and will depart from this cruel world, or maybe not. Some don't immediately leave if they still need to make some things right.

---Lee Yeosang---

---Park Hyuna---

Kim Taehyung

Jungkook crossed out the name and sighed, feeling relieved that the next one is the last one he'll take for the day.

"Wow, no one even helped her." Kangdae, his co-grim reaper said, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Wh-what happened?" The girl named Hyuna asked with a shocked and horrified look on her face.

"You're dead. He will assist you to the waiting place." Jungkook said blankly and the girl frowned, "No! This is just a dream, right? That...that's not me. Please tell me this isn't real. My family is waiting for me. Today's my son's birthday." She sobbed while looking at her body that is soaked with blood.

Jungkook rolled his eyes. This happens all the time. After they tell the person that they're dead, they'll start crying and beg them to put them back to their body. Some just immediately accept that they're dead.

Kangdae sighed and reached out to hold the girl's hand who refused to accept the reality that she's gone for good.

"Come on now, lady. We don't have all day." Jungkook groaned while Kangdae nudged him with a frown, "Be nice at least once Jungkook. It's not easy to accept death while you're still in love with life." He said, feeling tired of the blunt attitude of the other grim whenever they take a soul.

Jungkook inwardly rolled his eyes and proceeded to scan the humans who are busy looking at the corpse.

Kangdae made a portal and took the girl with him.

The loud sirens of the ambulance can be heard from a distance, making the people who are busy staring scattered, making way for the rescue team.

Jungkook sat on a bench, waiting for Kangdae to come back.

The raven-haired male recalled the girl's tearful eyes as she pleads to live. He recalled the time before she got hit by a ten-wheeler truck, she looked so happy while carrying a birthday cake for her child. Jungkook saw the way her eyes shined with joy and how that joy instantly vanished after knowing that her life was over.

How would it feel to feel those emotions? I can't feel anything. We're not supposed to feel anything, that's what the higher rank said. It's easier to see crying dead people if you can't feel anything. Jungkook thought and opened his small notebook that consists of the names of people he's taken and is going to take.

Kim Taehyung

The name of the last person he's going to take.

"Why is Kangdae taking so long?" Jungkook clicked his tongue and looked at his clock that he got from his father. It looked old yet it still works perfectly.

"I'm going to go first," Jungkook mumbled, although no one will hear him anyway.

Jungkook made a portal and got transported into a new place and scenario.

He saw a blonde boy fighting for his life.

Jungkook has fifteen minutes.

Taehyung sat on his bed with his hand on his chest, gasping for air. He scrunched his nose and tears started to gather around his eyes.

"H-help--" he interrupted himself with a wheeze.

His eyes desperately searched for his inhaler but he couldn't find it. He couldn't move as he gasped for air. His mind screaming for help, feeling as if he's going to die at any moment. The doctor said it's not impossible to die from his condition.

"Taehyung?" His mother, Gaeun, rushed to her son with a worried expression.

"YEOREUM! CALL AN AMBULANCE!" She yelled while trying to calm the blond down.

"I c-can't breathe--" Taehyung coughed while tears streamed down his cheeks.

"Don't worry, baby. Your brother already called an ambulance." She said.

Yeoreum barged inside the elder's room with a panicked expression, "They said they're on their way. Calm down, Hyung, it's harder to breathe if you're crying." He said, wiping Taehyung's fat tears.

"Reum, find his inhaler," Gaeun ordered, her eyes getting teary. She absolutely hates seeing her child in pain. Plus, she got terrified when the doctor said that Taehyung can possibly die from his severe asthma. It happens frequently but it's not always like this. Taehyung usually just gets tired and breathless but after using his inhaler, he's back to normal.

The sirens can be heard loudly, signaling that the help has arrived.

Yeoreum swiftly left Taehyung's room to tell the rescuers where he is.

Taehyung coughed, eyebrows furrowed as he slowly loses his consciousness.

"No, no, no, baby, stay awake for me, please? Please don't sleep just yet." Gaeun said.

If you sleep, you're sleeping forever.

"There he is, hang in there, buddy." One of the rescuers said, placing the boy on a stretcher.

Gaeun's tears fell from her eyes as she dialed his husband's number, "Please pick up, love. Our child needs you." She mumbled.

Yeoreum and Gaeun got inside the ambulance with Taehyung before the vehicle drove off at a fast pace, desperate to save an innocent soul.

Written by:
TAEKmenow_

A/N:

Hi, this is Gelly, I hope you liked the first chapter of our story! If you ever see an error please kindly correct us.

Do not forget to show support and love!

Don't be a ghost reader or else Jungkook will take you with him.👻

We love you! Take care! Mwah mwah. 👉💜💜💜👈

- Your author, Gelly -