Fifth

Chapter Five: First Day of School

Jungkook laid on his bed, trying to figure out what to do tomorrow. Is he going to just accidentally bump into Taehyung and will accidentally touch him and kill him instantly?

You might think that why not just straight up touch Taehyung and then poof, back to normal? Since the higher ranks will take away the memory of whoever saw the scene where they take the soul and will put a false reality in their minds on how the souls died.

Higher Ranks: Grim reapers that are assigned to manage what the Assisting & Soul-Taking will do to take a person's soul. They have the power to monitor the grims and tell them what to fulfill. The person who had visited Jungkook and Minjun to their apartment to warn them about the punishment that they will encounter if they are unable to take the person's soul. They are the ones who put the soul's name in the Grim Reaper's book.

The Higher Ranks can also manipulate the human's mind in order to help the grim reapers to accomplish their tasks or be a barrier to complicate the grim reapers' duty.

Jungkook closed his eyes and sighed, "Just enjoy human life, for now, Jeon. Care about your work the next day, after all, you have thirty days anyway." He said to himself.

They felt as if they're an alien at the moment. Human things are so foreign to both of them. So many things are to be discovered. And it's not going to be easy.

"She gave us phones, too. Am I right? You call this phone, right?" Minjun asked and waving the aforesaid material carelessly.

Jungkook frowned and glanced at the black rectangular object them back at Minjun, "Phone? I thought this is called a touch screen?" He asked and tapped the phone everywhere until it turns on accidentally.

"But she said this is a cellphone..." Minjun slowly sat up and shook the phone, "How did that light up?" He asked while Jungkook swiped up, accidentally unlocking it, "Oh damn, I'm a pro with this thing." Jungkook said proudly.

After an hour or two, the two eventually got a hang of it.

Minjun yawned, "Okay, I didn't do that purposel--" his sentence was interrupted by another yawn.

Jungkook raised his eyebrows, "How'd you do that? Gosh, Miss Chinmae should have at least told us how to use this..." He said.

You might ask that are they that dumb that they don't even know how to yawn or what a yawn means? Well, it's because, in the grim world, they don't sleep they rest.

Grims don't sleep. That's what they always say. They don't yawn since they don't sleep.
They don't have cell phones either, but instead, they use books and mind links when they want to talk to someone who is far away from them. That's why they're having a hard time using the device.