Third

Chapter Three: A Day of Being a Hooman

Jungkook stared at Taehyung's laying figure. The boy is sleeping after stressful and harsh asthma.

A portal came out of nowhere which made Jungkook avert his attention from the boy.

"Jungkook, why haven't you-- Jungkook!" His friend, Minjun exclaimed while pointing at the raven-haired male.

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and looked at himself. Shit. He didn't even realize his fifteen minutes ended and that he's now a human along with Minjun who's assigned to assist Taehyung after Jungkook takes his soul.

"What if someone will see us, Jungkook? What happened? Come on, touch him so we can go." Minjun said and nudged the shocked boy.

"Who are you, guys? Why are you here?" Taehyung asked with a frightened look.

Jungkook and Minjun snapped their heads towards the blond.

"Wh-why are you dressed like...that?" Taehyung pointed at their all-black clothing that is common for the grims.

Both Jungkook and Minjun are unable to respond, not knowing what to say.

We're screwed.

The door opened silently, revealing a confused Gaeun. "Uhm... Hi, young lads." She greeted, unsure.

At least she thinks 3,992 years old is young. Jungkook thought and bit his lips.

"U-uh... Hi, ma'am. We're... The doctor that is assigned to your son is our... father. Yes, father." Minjun lied and chuckled nervously, nudging Jungkook, telling him to bow as a sign of respect which they immediately did.

"Oh... Doctor Jung?" She asked and put down the food that she bought for Taehyung.

The grims nodded their head instantly.

"You don't look like Doctor Jung but I guess uhm... Nevermind. Do you want to eat? I brought food with me." Gaeun asked with a soft smile.

Jungkook nodded his head vigorously while Minjun frowned at him, "I want to eat. It looks delicious. It will be the first time I'll eat human food, Jungkook." Minjun whispered the last part.

"Oh, Taehyungie, you're awake!" Gaeun handed the foods to Jungkook and Minjun before making her way to her child.

Taehyung smiled at her and glanced at the two grims who are having a hard time opening an orange.