Chapter 2

Chapter 2

On the 3rd day of the apocalyptic outbreak, most of the citizens retreated and the urban public system was frozen. Buses, subways and high speed trains are no longer in operation.

On the 10th day of the apocalypse, everyone had escaped from the city and only zombies could be seen wandering on the streets.

On the 20th day of the apocalypse, the electricity and water systems were frozen. Food and corpses began to rot, the temperature increased and the air became nasty.

On the 30th day of the apocalypse, the suburban chemical factory exploded and a large fire broke out due to lack of maintenance. The fire spread to the downtown and burned nearly half of the houses in the city. It wasn't extinguished until the next day when it rained heavily.

On the 40th day of the apocalypse, nearly ten million zombies roamed the dilapidated city, some were still searching for survivors and some had gradually spread towards the periphery of the city.

At ten o'clock in the morning, Jiang Miaomiao woke up from her sleep.

She took off her eye mask and earphones, and opened the curtains to let the sunlight go in.

There are three zombies wandering under her window and haven't left for several days. She wondered if they could smell her through the air vents and was trying to come in.

Jiang Miaomiao ignored them and walked into the bathroom. She took a glass of purified water from the bucket and began to brush her teeth.

The apocalypse has already begun for almost a month and a half. According to the plot in the original book, other cities should be similar to here right now. The survivors followed the army and fled to a safety zone. There are about 600,000 remaining healthy human beings around the world.

Her food consumption is slower than she imagined. So far, she had only used 10 buckets of purified water, 80 buckets of tap water, 20 boxes of instant noodles, 10 boxes of hot pot soup base, 10 bags of bread, 6 bottles of chewing gum, 8 boxes of tissue paper, half a bag of rice and a number of snacks.

These things add up to only one tenth of her total inventory. The only thing that she relatively consumed fast was fuel. She knew that the natural gas pipeline would be damaged so she stocked up some gas cans, but she was afraid that if she bought a lot it would lead to an explosion, so she only bought three. She needs to cook every day at home and now she has already used up one can. After all of them are used up, they could only be replaced with alcohol and diesel.

But even so, her situation is much better than she expected.

These days she doesn't treat herself badly, she eats what she wants and drinks what she wants, but it only took her a little amount of food. This showed that a person who wants to live in this world doesn't need too much resources.

Life without work and school is also very comfortable that she wakes up naturally every day. After her meal, she would read books beside the window or look at the zombies to pass the time.

She made a mistake in the generator that she spent 3,000 yuan.

Previously, she only thought that it would be very hard without electricity and forgot that the sound of the generator is very loud when it's working.

The zombies in this world have a strong sense of smell, hearing and are very fast. Except for their appearance, other human aspects are enhanced versions, which made them difficult to deal with.