Chapter 11

The four pots of water are still not enough and there's not much left after washing her hair.

The dirt on her body hasn't been washed yet and when Jiang Miaomiao was ready to use cold water, Lu Qiming knocked on the door.

“What? I haven't finished washing yet.” She grabbed her hair and looked up.

Lu Qiming said: “I've brought more water for you.”

She wrapped her body in a bath towel and opened the door. The other party closed his eyes and brought in another bucket of hot water. Then he closed the door and asked:

“I'm cooking. What do you want to eat?”

Jiang Miaomiao thought about the things they brought from the supermarket, “Fried ham with bean sprouts and stewed kelp with bacon.”

Lu Qiming groaned and went downstairs.

Jiang Miaomiao poured the cold water into the bucket. Thinking that the other party didn't even care to wipe his face when they came back and was still covered with blood while he boiled the water for her, she felt a bit sorry that he would also cook for her.

She will just treat him better in the future. At this time, it's not easy to meet someone whom you could share your troubles with.

With this new bucket of water, she took a big bath comfortably, even her fingernails were washed clean and fresh.

Jiang Miaomiao put on a new set of clothes and she felt alive again. She wiped her hair with a towel and went downstairs. As soon as she opened the door, she smelled the unique salty aroma of bacon.

She took a deep breath and saw Lu Qiming standing by the stove while staring at the pot and said:

"I'll do it, you go take a shower."

Lu Qiming turned around and saw her still dripping hair.

“Your hair hasn't dried yet.”

“Without electricity, the hair blower can't be used. The only way is to let it dry slowly.”

He think for a moment then opened the pot and said to her:

“Stretched out your head.”

Jiang Miaomiao: “???”

“Let's dry your hair with the fire.”

“...Are you kidding me? What if it's burned?“

“Roasting technique. I invented it and no one would dare to copy.”

He said it with assurance and her hair was still wet and it felt a bit uncomfortable.

Jiang Miaomiao wavered then stretched her head forward and warned him: “If you burn my hair, I won't spare you.”

“Rest assured.”

Lu Qiming held her long hair in both hands and placed it about 30 centimeters away from the fire. She's at a distance where she could feel enough heat without being scorched while he continuously tossed her hair over.

Jiang Miaomiao could smell the gas and looked at the flickering flames. She feels that the fire would burn her head in any minute.

Lu Qiming spoke: “There's a white smoke coming from above your head.”