25

A/n

Hey guys, I've decided to do 30 chapters and the sequal will be called *drumroll*

Distance Between Us

or

Thinking About You

You choose!

JayJay's P.O.V.

I wrapped the pup in the towel and sat at the waters edge.

"Jaden, what is that?" He asked while coming closer.

"A seal pup" I say popping the p.

"No, leave it, let nature take it's course" He said, hand on his hip.

"No" I say sternly, "she'll die" this time my tone softening.

"Jaden, she'll be tougher if she learns to survive on her own" He says making a point.

"Fine" I unwrap the seal from my sunset ombre towel and push her into the water, "goodbye"

"Come on" Matt pulls me into his side and kisses my temple. "You smell like salt" He says chuckling.

"Thank you, it's one of the most desired things on the planet" I say hugging him closer.

"Huh, how, terrific?" I laugh and make my way to my board and bag. Grabbing my romper from my bag, I pull off my spring suit, and put my romper over my swim suit.

I picked up the board and the bag and made my way to the car. Once I'd put the board on the top of the car and threw my bag in the car through the window, I got in.

My window was down and the breeze felt great against my skin. I put my hand out the window and sang the lyrics to Habits.

"You have a great voice" Matt said, eyes glued to the road.

"Thanks, I love singing, But, I tend to get really nervous" I say looking out the window once again.

"You shouldn't be, you're really good" He says smiling towards me.

"Exactly, if I'm good once, people expect more each time, what if I don't put through that next time" I say fidgeting with my fingers.

"Then....screw them" He says lightly laughing.

"If only it were that easy" I said pretending to throw something out the window. The conversation died there and the car ride to the hotel continued.

I got out of the car and checked the time, it was 1:59. I headed up to my room, showered, redid makeup and hair, and got dressed into my previous outfit. The time was now 2:33.

I walked into the hall ready to go to a beach party with Matt. I knock on the door and another one opens, revealing Taylor.

"Hey, I'm sorry" Taylor says, "We good?"

"No, you have nothing to be sorry for, I was being a brat, I said things I didn't mean" I hug him tightly and am happy to have a friend. Reili's been in the hospital, Britt's been consumed with Cameron, and I haven't really got to know anyone else. I realize he isn't hugging back. "Sorry"

I walk back to Matt's door and open it not caring to knock. "Matt he hates me, one of my best friends hate me" I turn around and hug him.

"Who?" he cooes into my ear, petting the back of my neck.

"Taylor, he apologized but, I said no, I'm sorry and hugged him but he didn't hug back" He sighs and walks away, slipping a shirt over his head.

"Why does it matter? Don't read into it" I scoff.

"Why does it matter? Because all of my friends are busy and I need one, and I want to know what's wrong" I say walking towards him.

"I'm here for you" He pushes my hair behind my ear.

"It's not the same" I say turning around.

"Than date Taylor, you seem to care more of what he thinks than me" I feel tears brim my eyes.

"Really? How did this talk go from I need a friend, to date another guy?"

"You are so focused on what's wrong with him, can't you see that"

"Matt, I care because he's my only friend at the moment!"

"I know you like him"

"NO! I don't, Matt listen to me"

"I have been listening!"

"Than you're not getting my point!"

"You're right, go"

"What?" I ask voice shaking, and trembling.

"Go" He says pointing at the door.

I run out of the room and straight into Taylor. "You were listening to the whole thing?!?!" I say tears already running down my face.

"I'm sorry, I jus-"

"No, I just needed a friend, Taylor, and you weren't there" I walk away, down the hall alone, and crying....

A/n

Hey lovelies, so sorry, what title, and what cover, from left to right. Bye MoFos!!!!!

-JayJay