Episode 5.1

"Sid!" My dad yelled, making me jump.

Sid and I, our parents and our teacher, Tom were sat in a classroom.
"Now this is exactly what I'm talking about, Sid." Tom explained once Sid had snapped back to reality. "Lack of concentration, inability to focus, nada commitment. I have marked this piece of coursework as 'ungraded'."
"Ungraded? What?" My dad shouted.

The back and forth mixed with my fathers irrational anger carried on for several minutes so I zoned out.
When I zoned back in, my dad was still yelling.
"And what about her? Is she actually managing to fucking pass?" My dad shrieked and I scowled.
Tom stuttered, clearly intimidated by my dads anger. "Cleo is doing very well, actually."
I smiled sarcastically before zoning back out.

We emerged out of the classroom after another long ten minutes.
Sid was walking with his head down as my dad shamelessly screamed about him being a 'lazy fucker' and my mother desperately attempted to force him to quieten down. Sid and I knew that she never managed.
"Okay, this is embarrassing now. Bye, mum." I called, before rapidly turning to walk in the opposite direction, leaving Sid to be bollocked.

***

I walked to a nearby bench where I found Cassie sat, staring at the floor.

"Hey, are you alright, Cass?" I greeted her as I sat down beside her.
"Oh, wow. I don't know. I just - I didn't eat for three days so I could be lovely. And now, wow, it just doesn't matter."
"Huh?" I questioned, confused.
"Sid cancelled our date. But it's okay, I guess. I'll just come over." Her smile appeared on her face again. "Bye, Cleo." She skipped off.

Chris almost immediately took her place on the bench as she walked off.
"Oh, hey." I smiled at him.
"Hey, you." He grinned. "You haven't forgot about our date, have you?"
"How could I?"
Chris paused for a second. "Look, I know it's weird and we're friends and it was out of the blue, but you don't have to agree to it because I've been in a shit place."
I held my hand up. "Chris, I said yes because I want to. Chill out, okay?"
He smiled a relieved smile. "Okay, I've been searching around for affordable restaurants, I even rang a couple this -"
"Hang on, hang on." I cut him off. "When have I ever been a restaurant date type of girl? I thought we were going to do a takeout and a film date."
"Thank God you said that. That suits me." He smiled.
"Ace. My house later it is."
"I'll bring the films." He told me.

***

I picked out some pyjama pants and a vest top that evening ready for my bedroom film date with Chris.
Just as I was about to take my top off, my bedroom door opened.

"Christ! What do you want, Tony?" I snapped.
"I'm just here with Sid." He told me.
"Then why are you in my bedroom?"
"I heard you were going on a date with Chris. I'm here to wish you luck." He said in a condescending tone.
"Luck?" I questioned him.
"Yeah. I mean, it's clearly going to ruin your friendship."
I rolled my eyes. "Are you saying that because you're looking out for us or are you saying that because you're jealous, Tony?"
"Because I'm jealous." He said without an ounce of hesitation.
I scoffed. "Why don't you go and tell your girlfriend about that? I'm sure she'd appreciate it."
"Michelle won't be my girlfriend for much longer. You'll see."
"What's that supposed to mean?"

Before Tony could reply, we heard Chris.
"Cleo! Where are you? I'm coming upstairs!" He called as I heard his footsteps head towards me.

He emerged through my bedroom door and gave Tony a quick look. "Oh, hey Tone." He acknowledged before turning to me. "I've brought Dirty Dancing, Dumb and Dumber and E.T." He showed me the DVD's.
"That's quite a variation." I smiled at Chris' whimsical nature.
"It's a good one though, right?" He grinned. "Now is Tony staying for our date or what?"
"Don't worry, he's leaving." I said with a sharp tone.
"What's your plan on this fine evening?" Chris asked him.
"Choir concert. I'll leave you to it." Tony said as he headed out. He turned back to me before he left and smiled what looked like a sincere smile. "I hope you have fun."

A/N: Remember to vote and comment!
Next chapter tomorrow!