Episode 6.3

I sat in a spot near the corner of the room that Michelle and Jal were sharing.
Michelle was primping herself in the mirror and rambling.
"Tony's exciting. And I mean, he must love me because he could have anyone he wants."
"Do you think he ever wants anyone else?" Jal asked Michelle, glancing at me as she spoke. I avoided her eye contact.
"Maybe sometimes." Michelle admitted. "But he always wants me the most, because I'm his girlfriend. And that's special. Isn't it, Cleo?"
I quickly stood up. "Yeah. Anyway, I'm going to go and see Chris." I excused myself from the conversation, leaving the room promptly.

***

Chris and I sat on his bed later that evening, twiddling our fingers together.
"I'm really happy, Cleo. I'm glad we explored this side of us, you know?"
I nodded. "Me too, Chris."
He twiddled with my fingers for a few more moments before asking, "do you think you're going to be my girlfriend?"
I raised my eyebrows at this question. I was completely taken off guard by it. "Uh, maybe. I think we need more time first."
"Yeah, yeah, cool, that's cool." His words raced but his expression was transparently disappointed.
I shuffled closer and kissed him. I pulled back from his lips and watched him smile. "I like you though, Chris. You're my best friend. You've always been my best friend." I assured him.
"Okay. As long as you don't friendzone me." He winked.

It was a couple of hours later and my eyes were heavy with the lateness of the night and my tiredness.
Chris was currently the 'little spoon' on the bed and he was gently snoring in his deep sleep.
I lay my head down on the pillow beside him and wrapped my arm around him, ready to doze off.
Until my sleepiness was interrupted by a loud buzz from my phone.
I picked it up and read the message with squinted eyes.

TONY
TELL ME YOU'VE NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT FUCKING ME.

I scoffed at the message and slammed my phone on the bed.
I gently clambered over the sleepy Chris, threw on my dressing gown and slipped on my slippers and made my way to Tony Stonem's bedroom.

I knocked on the door hard and Tony answered quickly, standing in nothing but his tight underwear.
"I knew you'd come." He whispered.
I stormed past him into his room and saw Michelle sprawled out on the bed. "Did you actually send me that text with your girlfriend right there?" I hissed at him.
"Oh, don't worry about her." He shrugged. "She's completely gone. Passed out. She drank too much, the poor girl."
I looked at her and sighed before turned back to Tony with an angry expression. "You have to stop fucking playing around, Tony."
And then Tony unexpectedly stepped as close to me as possible, completely closing any distance. He placed his cold finger to my lips and 'shushed' me. "I'm not playing around. I want you, Cleo. I want you so bad. There's no games in this."
"Stop it, Tony." I breathed. My heart pounded with him being so close to me. What was wrong with me? Why was I having this reaction to Tony Stonem? I hated him. Why couldn't I shove him off me? Shout? Nothing.
"You've always intrigued me, Cleo. You know you have. I play games with people because they bore me. You don't. I like you."
"Tony." I tried to stop him, but he 'shushed' me again, pressing his finger firmly into my lips.
"I know you're tempted. Let me show you how I feel."
And before I knew it, Tony's lips were on mine, pressing firmly into them. My lips parted without a second thought, allowing his tongue to explore mine. His fingers wrapped in my air and for a second I thought my heart could potentially explode out of my chest.
Tony's lips made their way down to my neck and he planted soft kisses all around.

And then my brain snapped back to reality. What the fuck was I doing? His girlfriend was there, and Chris was back in our bedroom asleep. And this was Tony. He wasn't capable of feelings. Was I pathetic enough to fall for that? I'd always known the boy was desperate to be able to say that he'd ticked that box with me, nothing else.

I abruptly shoved him off me, my eyes welled with tears. "Leave me the fuck alone, Tony." I hissed, pacing fast towards the door.

***

I sat by Chris the following day on the plane. I stared out the window, unable to get the incident with Tony out of my head.
"Are you okay?" Chris put a hand on my thigh. "You've been really quiet."
I forced a smile although I was consumed with guilt every time I looked at his gentle face. "Yeah. Fine. I'm just tired." I lied.
"Well, you look beautiful even when you're tired." He smiled, pushing a loose strand of hair away from my eyes.
"Thanks, Chris."

As Chris started to tell me a story of Anwar and a Russian girl he'd met and rescued, I watched as Tony peered through the crack between the seats from where he sat several rows in front.
We made eye contact and stared for a second, before both turning back to the people sat beside us.

A/N: ok I'd love to know who you're shipping at this point.

Next chapter in 1 week (Thursday)!