Chapter 1 - How it all happened

Emily's room.

Emily's pov

My name is Emily Addams. When I was young my mum wanted custody over both me and my sister Caroline but dad kept me and mum kept Caroline. Caroline's mum is not actually my mum, she took me in as her own. I have lived for a couple hundred years but I haven't properly grown by that time. I am still getting older now. My mum died after she gave birth to me. I still see Caroline as my sister and her mum as my mum. I still talk to them on the phone but have not seen them properly since I was 8. As i grew up my dad started to blame me for their break up. He started getting drunk more and calling me names. It wasn't that bad. However when I turned 10 that's when the abuse started, he started hitting me and punching me, he threw his glass bottles at me and heavy stuff at me. I would end up going to school all bruised up with broken arms, legs, ribs you name it. The teachers got suspicious and I told them I got in fights. I have been to the hospital more times than I can count.

When I got my super powers and turned into a werewolf and vampire, dad found out and it got worse from there. He would burn me with his cigarettes, kick and punch me till I was unconscious. Hell, sometimes I couldn't even get up for school it was that bad. Anyway enough about me let's get on with the story.

"Em..Emily get down here now you good for nothing slut!" My dad shouted.

Quickly I made my way down the stairs scared of what he was going to do next.

"Yes dad" I said

"You didn't take the rubbish out you bitch. Why didn't you do it huh?" He spat in my face.

"Sorry dad, I had to do homework. I forgot. I will do it now and won't forget next time." I said.

"Sorry. You are sorry? I told you to do it earlier you stupid bitch. I don't give a fuck about your homework. You are right you won't forget next time because I am going to teach you a lesson" He smirked evilly at me.

He grabbed me by my hair and kicked me to the floor. He started kicking me and punching me. He jumped on my ribs breaking a few of them, then he twisted my arm and broke it. Then he got his beer bottle and smashed it against my head. Then he punched me till I fell unconscious. 

Caroline's pov

Elena, Bonnie, Tyler and Matt were sat in my living room. Tyler and Matt kept complaining about how they share a mate. "Shut up guys" I said

"My mum and I are going to visit my sister soon, I am so excited. We are picking her up tomorrow. Guys I'll see you later, I am going to bed early as I'm picking up my sister tomorrow." I said.

"I'm so excited to meet her" Bonnie said.

"I bet she's really funny and pretty" Elena said

"We just want to find our mate" Matt and Tyler said.

"Shut up" Me and the girls said.

I walked upstairs got my pajamas on and went to bed

Emily's pov

I woke up on the floor, I could barely move. I literally crawled up to my room. I finally made it to bed, I was in so much pain. I just wish mum could come and get me. I called mum on facetime. She answered. I couldn't speak at all he broke my voice box so I had to use paper and pen to communicate with my mum.

"Hey baby. How are you?" She said

I wrote on a piece of paper "Fine mum how are you?" 

"I'm okay baby. Why aren't you speaking? Are you alright?" She said

"Yeah I'm fine my voice is just sore" I wrote on another piece of paper.

"Oh ok baby. I hope it gets better. Well good news me and Caroline are picking you up tomorrow. You are coming to live with us. You are not living with your dad anymore." My mum said.

"Really?" I wrote on a piece of paper. I was so happy I get to leave and I don't ever have to come back here. I still communicate with my boyfriend Charlie and my best friend Lucy so I'll get to see them after 8 long years actually face to face.

"Yes baby. I promise, I'll see you tomorrow ok baby? I love you bye" She said

"Ok mum love you to see you tomorrow" I replied writing on a piece of paper. I hanged up the call. I started packing my bags. I didn't have much to pack only my clothes, shoes and a couple of pictures. I finally finished. I was so excited to move to mystic falls tomorrow with my family that actually love me. But will they still recognize me? I am underweight and have bruises and burn marks from head to toe.

Authors note

Sorry I know it was a bad first chapter, they will get better. I just got stuck on what to write for the first chapter. Hope it was alright.

Till next time;)