↳ SFW alphabet

A = Affection (How affectionate are they? How do they show affection?)

By nature, Deimos is not a demonstrative person. He was raised without warmth and doesn't know how to show affection. He does try, though, especially once you become more acquainted. Among the first things he does to show affection is buying you gifts —dresses, jewels, rare perfumes, and sweet wines. Then he notices you crave more than to be showered in luxuries, so he starts with gentle touches —running his hand through your hair, tracing patterns on your skin, and given time, soft kisses.

B = Best friend (What would they be like as a best friend? How would the friendship start?)

Your family needed sway in Elis, and the Cult could give your father what he desired. There was a cost for such a reward, though —you. If you are a man, you will make more sons, one of the masked men told your mother and father while binding your wrists. You were to be a slave for the Cult —doing their bidding and assisting the Pythia with false prophecies, but it all changed when Maron tried to force himself on you one night in the Cave of Gaia. He pushed against the stone wall, but then Maron was coughing up blood with a sword emerging from his chest. Deimos. It was the first time you'd seen the Cult's weapon. He offered you his hand and led you deep into the cave to a private pool of water so you could wash the blood away. Soon after that initial encounter, you were offered the opportunity to become Deimos's companion. Foolishly, you accepted.

Deimos is somehow simultaneously the best and worst kind of friend. He will smite anyone who dares try to hurt you in deed or words, but then he has no idea how to act when you wish to confide in him or even show him kindness.

C = Cuddles (Do they like to cuddle? How would they cuddle?)

Deimos isn't a fan of cuddling, at least knowingly. Once asleep, he'll seek you out —wrapping his arms around your waist and pulling you against him. If he wakes and he's done this, Deimos is quick to distance himself —even if it felt good to hold you.

On the contrary, if you're the one doing the cuddling —he doesn't care (as long as he isn't in an extremely foul mood). Deimos enjoys it when your head rests on his chest, one leg draped across his waist, fingers pressing into his shoulder or side. Having you willingly be this close to him is enough to make him believe that maybe he isn't just a monster or weapon.

D = Domestic (Do they want to settle down? How are they at cooking and cleaning?)

Once free from the Cult, he might consider settling down (though starting a family is still something he's unsure of —he knows he'd be a terrible father). Otherwise, he wants to be on the move, and that's why he's content following his sister's steps and becoming a misthios.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise, but Deimos is terrible at domestic activities. Sometimes he tries, but he gets in the way most of the time, and you end up having to go behind him. Eventually, he takes the hint that he's in the way, causing more trouble, and leaves most things to you. He still lingers around should you need anything, though.

E = Ending (If they had to break up with their partner, how would they do it?)

A breakup with Deimos would be something he doesn't want to happen, but it comes because of the Cult's actions. Unless they can physically restrain him, he's not going to listen. He'll find you —it's not like there's anyone stupid enough to get in his way or strong enough to stop him.

F = Fiance(e) (How do they feel about commitment? How quick would they want to get married?)

Marriage likely isn't in the equation, but that's just because of the nature of marriage in Classical Greece. Commitment is something that frightens him though he won't admit it. Before he knows it, he's already given himself to you —it's in subtle things like ensuring your safety, asking about your day, and offering to comb your hair. After a bit of time, he finally acknowledges it and makes sure everyone knows that you are his, and he is yours.