↳ bedhead

mornings with alexios are a time to be cherished.

ALEXIOS' ARM IS draped over your waist as the morning sun rises. When the first rays filter through the ivy growing over the pergola, you begin to stir —shifting to block out what little of Apollo's light you can.

Lying on his stomach, face pressed into a pillow is Alexios. He still snores softly, though when you move his arm instinctively tightens. It is a rare moment when you wake before Alexios, but you take the moment to admire him —bathed in golden light. His lips are parted and the creases in his brow are smoothed out.

For the moment, he is at ease and at peace which has become a rarity of late. Ever since finding the Gateway to Atlantis, a heavy burden has rested on his shoulders, but when he sleeps it all fades. The small bun holding back his dark matted hair is half-undone, leaving several locks falling in front of his face.

Scooting closer you reach out to brush aside the stray locks and taking the opportunity, you lean forward, pressing a short kiss to his cheek. Alexios lips tug into a smile, though he has yet to open his eyes. You repeat the action, but this time he rolls partly onto his side, and instead of his cheek, your lips find his. He hums, a low rumble in the back of his throat that reverberates through the kiss.

Alexios sighs when you pull away —the backs of his fingertips brushing over your cheek and back into your messy head of hair. "Your bedhead is cute," he remarks in a deep rasp, tawny-gold eyes half-lidded and heavy with sleep as he looks at you. His head droops forward, nuzzling into your shoulder and neck, arm snaking back around your waist. Hints of roses and figs still linger about you from the prior night. "You smell good, too," he mumbles.

Laughing softly, you comb your fingers through the stubble on his jaw. "You're very endearing when you're half-asleep," you tell him, and you can feel his lips tug into a smile against your skin. Mornings with Alexios have always been something special —a sacred time between the two of you, where nothing exists outside of each other's arms.

He situates his head back on a pillow and stares at you with that soft, boyish grin that makes your heart do flips still. You would follow him to Hades and back if he looked at you with that damned smile. Alexios would say the same, though —he would follow you anywhere.

Sighing, you reach to trace over the scar crossing his left shoulder, dreading having to leave this haven for the day. It is as though he can read the thought because Alexios pulls you back flush against him. "Let's just lay here," he breathes. You seal the proposition with a kiss upon the lips and settle back into his arms, head resting on his chest —listening to the steady and strong beat of his heart.