Chapter 1

~peter Pov

I stood there, in the clock tower, looking down as Gwen was falling. Her terrified face staring back at me. it feels like time has stopped. When I came back to reality I launched myself downwards attempting to catch the love of my life. I reached my hand out and pressed my wrist with my middle and index finger. time slowed down. the web slowly stretched out and made its way to Gwen's body. I caught her. I was holding onto the web tight, but. I was too late. I made a huge miscalculation, that took Gwen's life. I heard a loud snap as her lifeless body hung at the bottom of the clock tower. suddenly everything was muffled and my whole body was shaking. I came down and picked up Gwen's body. Still, in disbelief, I started shaking her calling out her name, but nothing. I sat there, sobbing uncontrollably until the police arrived. 

Suddenly, I jolted awake in sweat and tears to the sound of my loud alarm clock. I hit the button to stop the beeping. This always happens when I fall asleep. I dream about my traumatic past and wake up drenched in sweat. 

Gwen was a huge part of my life, and for her to just be gone is really painful for me. Finally, I got up to get ready for school. As always, May was at work in the mornings. She worked in a hospital in queens as a nurse. 

Since Uncle ben's death, Aunt May has been struggling badly to pay the bills. After brushing my teeth and getting dressed, my spiderman suit underneath my clothes, I headed to the kitchen for some breakfast. Checking the time, It was 8:24 am. My school started at 8:45 am. so if I swing to school instead of taking the subway, I should make it just in time.

 I quickly made a bagel and turned on the TV. The daily bugle was on. Oh, how I hate that company. They spread lies about me every morning. 

John Jonah Jameson can't stop talking about how much of a criminal I am or how New York would be so much better without me. I try not to listen to what he says but I gotta admit, his words get to me sometimes. Would this city be better without me?

 No, I save people's lives daily. But then again I also cause deaths and endanger my close ones. I shake my head ignoring my negative thoughts. 

What makes it worse, is that J.J.J is my boss. My boss! I have to make money somehow to help May with the bills. So until I find a better paying job, I gotta just deal with John Jameson yelling and complaining every day.

After I finished my bagel, I grabbed my backpack and headed out the door.