Chapter 4: Meanwhile on Vomir

Natasha ran several different scenarios in her head. The Avengers had beaten Thanos was number one on her list of possible causes, and she hoped it was true. Or someone had used the Infinity Gauntlet to bring her back, assuming they had collected all the stones. Or a soul for a soul. Someone had sacrificed themselves to bring her back. She doubted that was it though. There were no other people, deceased or otherwise, at the bottom of this cliff. But if her suit didn't work, that begged the question.

Natasha looked up at the dull purple sky. Sand dunes stretched in front of her as far as the eye could see, only interrupted by the tall mountain that was to Natasha's back. The one that she fell off what felt like a minute ago. But if she had died and then come back, then her friends, her family really, must have succeeded in collecting all of the Infinity Stones.

She checked her small pager that would have sent Tony insane if he had seen it. It was extremely outdated and wasn't the best way to communicate, but it was reliable and at least worked. And she was thankful that she had it now. There was no way any Stark Phone could get reception here and Natasha wasn't even sure if the pager would send the message. At any rate, the message would send extremely slow. It might get to Earth in a year, five years, or even longer.

There was only power for one message. She had to make it count. She typed out the message, but before she could send it, a figure cast a shadow over Natasha. She craned her neck to look up at the frankly ugly face of the Red Skull.

"Natalia Romanova,"

"Red Skull," Natasha greeted politely, if a bit coldly."This planet is stuck in time vacuum for those who reside here while the Soul Stone is hidden here. You need no food or water while you are here, just as I do. You will not age here, just as I have not,"

"So the planet provides when the Soul Stone is here? Isn't that great," Natasha said, keeping her voice impassive. No doubt miss eating food in the time it took for her message to get to Earth and for her team to come to get her.

"But it is sustainable. Good luck on your message," Red Skull floated away, having the last word. The person, if he could even be called that, that was the Red Skull set Natasha on edge

Natasha looked back to her pager and typed out a message. She prayed that it would make a good time to Earth. If she had to live the rest of her life with only Red Skull for company, she might as well pitch herself off that mountain again. Natasha sighed. This could take a very long time.

Author's note, this part happened on Vomir. And no one is aware of Natasha's message. It will take almost a year to reach its destination.