Chapter 17 : Morgan Stark

Morgan Stark waited outside of the school building after saying bye to her friends only three good ones, holding her books as tightly to her chest as she could. The rain was coming down in sheets and Morgan didn't have an umbrella. School had been terrible, Happy was to pick her up as Tony was out but Happy was late , and all she wanted was to curl up in bed under a warm blanket.The rain was so cold and cut like a knife straight through the threads of Morgan's sweater. She knew that she would most likely catch a chill after standing out here for so long. And she knew that she was completely able to stand with the rest of the children up by the doors of the school building. Up there, by the doors, an outcropping ledge protected the children from the pouring New York rain. But, Morgan would rather stand here in the rain than go stand by those monsters for another second.

Just when Morgan was beginning to think to call Happy and see where he was, the familiar black town car pulled up to the curb. Sighing with relief, Morgan practically ran towards the car. As she approached the car, Happy jumped out and met her halfway, his umbrella in hand and outstretched to cover Morgan's head.

"Hey Morgan," Happy greeted her. "Why are you soaking wet?"

"It's raining,Happy " Wanda said, briefly dragging Morgan inside, who probably was upset.

She didn't feel like talking about her day. Happy and Wanda seemed to sense this from her curt response. Instead of prodding and poking for more information, Wanda grabbed a warm, dry blanket out of the trunk of the car, passed it to Morgan, while Happy began driving.

After wrapping herself in the blanket, Morgan leaned against the window of the car and watched as the buildings blurred together and the people flashed by faster than Morgan could identify any distinguishing features. It was easy to get swept up just watching the shapes and colors pass her by. It was easy to forget about her bad day and ignore the world.

Morgan was swept up in watching the street pass by as they were heading to the Compound.

However, when the car stopped moving and as she looked out her window, things seemed to come into focus. Morgan realized that Happy had driven to a McDonalds. She felt her eyes moisten slightly with the beginnings of tears.

"How many do you want?" Happy asked, breaking the long silence.

"Just one, but can I get fries and a milkshake too?" Morgan asked, realizing that along with being upset, she also was famished.

"Of course," Happy replied.

As the voice crackled through the drive through loudspeaker. Happy ordered Morgan's cheeseburger, fries, and shake along with a cheeseburger for himself. He pulled up to the window, paid and collected their order. As Happy passed Morgan her McDonald's bag and shake,he asked, "Do you feel like talking about it yet?"

"Happy, there really isn't anything to talk about," Morgan sighed.

"Middle schoolers suck. And all the one's here are douchebags."

"Hey, young miss, I don't like that language," Wanda reprimanded.

"Sorry, but it's true," Morgan argued. "And I know you people are right when you all say they're just intimidated by a ten sorry an eleven year-old being in 8th grade with them. But, I still can't help but think that these kids are more than the usual variety of idiotic douche bags"

"You know what, Morgan? It sounds like there's a lot more than a couple douchebag kids bothering you," Wanda observed making Morgan laugh.

Wanda, Happy and Morgan walked towards the compound. Morgan dried herself up and entered the living room. There Steve, Bucky, Sam , Wanda, Natasha, and Bruce all we were sitting and were discussing something.

"Hey, Jarvis," Morgan called. "Play some AC/DC." As she started to munch on her burgers.

"Of course, Miss. Stark," the AI replied before the sound of Highway to Hell sounded from the room sound system drowned out all other noises. The group had to leave Morgan and Harley alone who were enjoying the music.

"Harles, ... I UH tomorrow is 31st July ."

" I know your birthday what do you want?"

"Chocolates? Cheeseburgers?"

"Yep on it Mam!"

@harles

Liked @realtonystark, @misspotts, @spiderguy and 2, 039, 756 others

hello, little one, happy 11th birthday, unfortunately, this is the only photo of yours, I have not yet posted so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

View 107, 412 comments

@realtonystark: LOOK AT MY BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS! I'M GONNA CRY!

@nat: stop making a scene Tony.

@realtonystark: I CAN MAKE A SCENE IF I WANT TO! THAT'S MY DAUGHTER!

Tomorrow, meaning today was Morgan's birthday 11th and Harry's too. Harry was now almost living with the Avengers.