Chapter 14: Strawberries!!

It was a calm Friday afternoon, Morgan had just gotten home from school when her parents told her that they had an important business trip. At first, she was a little disappointed to hear that her parents would be out of town until Monday, though they promised they'd be home in time to get her from school on Monday.

She was excited to hear however that she'd get to spend the weekend with her uncles, Steve and Bucky.

It was around 3 pm, after the family had eaten lunch, that Tony and Pepper left Morgan with Wanda, Natasha, Bucky and Steve in the Compound. Morgan got to spend lots of time playing games and watching cartoons with her uncles, while her Aunts were out.

They had even had a yummy snack of fruit salad, prepared by Bucky and Steve.

Later in the afternoon things started to take a turn for the worse. Morgan had fallen silent for quite some time, It was Bucky who had at first become concerned, he glanced up from the book he was reading to see what Morgan was doing.

"Is something wrong with her?" Sam asked as he entered the living room. He had just returned from SHIELD base on either side of the compound.

The child had been building a puzzle at the coffee table. Something didn't seem to be quite right though. She was breathing heavily, it was obvious.

Bucky walked over to her and sat on the ground beside her."Everything okay kiddo?" He asked.

When he and Sam were seated next to her he could hear her wheezing softly and she seemed flushed and disoriented.

Sam gently grabbed her wrist, taking note of how fast and thread her pulse was. It took a few moments before the symptoms linked together in his head.

Bucky helped Morgan lean back."STEVE!" He called for the other super-soldier.

Steve ran into the living room obviously a little startled and confused. He noticed Morgan and quickly walked over leaning down in front of the young girl.

"Morgan, sweetie what's wrong?" Steve asked.

"I think she's having an allergic reaction to something" Bucky responded first.

Morgan couldn't figure out how to respond, she just kept motioning to her book bag loosely. Steve grabbed her bag; he looked through the different pouches before finding exactly what he had been hoping to.

An EpiPen.

There was a gap of silence before Steve spoke, "Pepper is allergic to strawberries, and we gave Morgan fruit salad with strawberries in it."

Bucky didn't say anything immediately, motioning for the EpiPen. Steve handed it over and Bucky carefully but quickly injected it into Morgan's upper thigh.

"You should go call Pepper and Tony to let them know what happened. We've got her" Bucky said.

Morgan in the meantime, while still being silent, seemed to relax, as the medicine was begging to work breathing became easier, she was exhausted and felt nauseous. She was going to say something about it, but the moment she opened her mouth she paled considerably. Bucky and Sam noticed this.

Bucky immediately grabbed a trash bin holding it in front of the young girl while she puked and mumbled calm reassurances. Sam has returned to the room bringing a bottle of water.

"I have called Nat and Wanda they are coming back," Steve said addressing Bucky first.

Morgan sighed softly and closed her eyes, tiredly mumbling, "I want my mom and dad"

"I know kiddo, " Bucky said. Morgan then went to sleep on the couch.

Natasha and Wanda were very angry with Bucky and Steve for their carelessness.

"Now well everything is settled she is sleeping, But I am bored.." Bucky said as Strange took a leave. Wanda and Natasha sat at the coffee table.

" That Spider-Boy should be here or round glasses boy..Harry," Bucky said.

"It would have been amazing if Harry was here too with us.." Sam said.

@Dr.Banner

Liked by @arrowguy, @godofmischief, @punksoldier and 2, 512, 041others

Me when the little angel "accidentally" put ghost pepper powder in my cereal

View 333, 671comments

@doctorstrange: @arrowguy you have been a bad influence.

@arrowguy: it was @godofmischief's idea!

@godofmischief: Now what did I do!!?