Chapter 15: The Speaking Snake

Morgan is about six in this story.

It was a warm spring afternoon, Morgan and Harry stood outside the gates of the central park zoo. The young children were holding onto their brother, Peter's hand while her father was getting the tickets. To say she was excited was an understatement. Morgan had never been to the zoo before, she had seen the animals on the TV but wanted to see them in person, so she asked her dad if they could go to the zoo, and he agreed.

"What kind of animals do you think we will get to see Peter?" Morgan and Harry asked as they were bouncing up and down with excitement.

Peter let out a chuckle,"We will get to see penguins, lions, zebras, and all kinds of other animals" he replied with a soft smile. At that moment Morgan's father had returned with the ticket, as the group headed inside Morgan ran to look at the map.

"Can we go and see the penguins first?" Morgan asked. She remembered seeing them on TV when she had watched the movie Happy Feet, and now they were easily her favorite animal.

Though her smile fell momentarily when she heard her father speak," Sorry Morguna but the penguins are in the back of the park, so we will have to see some elephants first before we get there." Morgan's smiled reformed.

"like dumbo," Harry said and Morgan smiled brightly.

"Yeah like dumbo kid" They heard Peter say. The group then started to walk in the directions of the elephants. 

Harry saw them and froze, "Wow they are huge," he said surprised.

"Yeah, they are" Peter agreed.

"They are the biggest land mammals," Morgan heard her father say. "They live in groups with their parents and brothers and sisters," Tony explained to them.

Morgan gave a bit of a nod but looked a bit confused."Daddy what does mammal mean," she asked as they began to walk towards the next exhibit. The group went to see snakes.

"A mammal is an animal that breathes air, has a backbone, and grows hair at some point during its life," she heard her father explain to her as they went seeing different types of snakes.

Tony went to his bodyguards to tell them to bring them some snacks.

"It's asleep!" Harry and Morgan exclaimed as they and Peter came across a boa.

"It's boring!" Peter exclaims.

"Sorry about him. He doesn't understand what it's like," Morgan said starling, Peter.

"Lying there day after day, watching people press their ugly faces on the glass," Harry said.

The snake nods. Morgan looks at Harry, he has the same shocked expression. Peter was freeze seeing them talking to a snake.

"Can you understand us?" Harry and Morgan asked together.

The snake lifts its head up higher, almost admiring them.

"I am flattered," Peter said and hurried to Tony.

"I have never spoken to a snake before..." Harry said.

"...Do you speak to people often?" Morgan finished.

The snake simply shook its head.

"So... you're from Burma, aren't you? Was it nice there? Do you miss your family?" Harry asked. The snake nodded its head towards a sign that said:

BRED IN CAPTIVITY

"I see. " Tony said from behind.

"Dad, can you speak with the Snakes ?"

"No Morguna it is just yours and Harry's imagination!"

"But it seemed real," Harry said.

"It could that Harry can speak with snakes I guess, but I wonder how Morgan?"

"I AM THE BEST that is why?" Morgan said making Peter laugh.

The group walked into the penguin house and Morgan ran to the glass.

"Look at the penguin he's so cute, I wish I could have a pet penguin," the little girl said she was waving at the penguin, "is a penguin a mammal?" she asked.

Her father once again explained, "No baby, they are not mammals, although they do have furs and are warm-blooded."

Peter spoke afterward "penguins are birds, and sadly you can't have one as a pet though that would be really cool."

Morgan took a moment to ask another question. "What does warm-blooded mean?" she asked curiously.

"Mammals and birds are warm-blooded," Harry said looking at the IPAD.

"CORRECT" Peter mentions.

" which means that they can make their own body heat. Whether it is sunny and hot outside or there is a snowstorm and it is very cold, warm-blooded animals have body temperatures that usually stay the same," Tony patiently explained to his daughter.

"Humans are warm-blooded." Peter chimed in while they continued to walk through the house with the penguins.

After that the group saw many more animals ranging from tigers to polar bears to spiders, Morgan didn't like the spiders much, but she didn't dare say anything about that to peter who was her favorite spider.

When the day was ending the group headed back to the car,"This was the best day ever" Morgan and Harry mumbled tiredly as Tony buckled Morgan into her car seat.

"I'm glad you had a good time squirts," Tony said getting on the driver side, as they pulled out of the parking lot Morgan and Harry began to drift to sleep.

"I love you 3000 dad and Petey and Harry" she mumbled before finally dozing off.

@arrowguy

liked by @doctorstrange, @nat, @wandamax and 1, 835, 362 others

SHE JUST HIT HER FIRST BULLS EYE AT 8! I'm SO PROUD I COULD DIE!

View 893, 671comments

@realtonystark: I'm so proud of you sweetheart, but come home, please.

@misspotts: don't listen to him sweetie you can stay.

Iron Heart:  The BeginningOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara