chapter 2- creatures

JUNIPER

juniper groaned as she sat upright in her bed, her clothes disheveled and hair in a nest. she looked at the clock that rested on the nightstand and threw her head back in exasperation.

8:32 am

she was already late to her first day of sophomore year in high school and was definitely not ready to go, nor was she in any shape to stay in one piece for 6 hours.

not to mention that she was bleeding bloody niagara's falls from her baby maker. her day was great, just fantastic and she couldn't wait to make the most of it.

"come on, junie. you got this.", forcing herself out of bed and stumbling towards the closet to pick out an outfit for the day.

___

after showering and making a cup of coffee for herself and her brother, she was packing up her bag that she laid out carefully the night before.

she hummed a tune that always managed to sooth her, taking her mind off from how much her cramps were bothering her. popping an advil into her mouth and washing it down with water.

juniper stocked up on tampons and pain-relieving pills. her school didn't allow the students to carry around drugs or any type of pill, but that rule flew out the window the second they enrolled the white boys with perms and their pants hanging past their ass.

"junes, i'm back! get up, you're already late for school, i'm so sorry i wasn't here in time, i got caught up-", alejandro tilted his head up and disapprovingly looked at her flower dress.

"what? why are you looking at me like that?", juniper gave the same disgusted face back, attitude lacing her tone.

"you aren't wearing that are you? it's too short.", he walked up to her and flicked her collar bone. it was his way of saying if he could touch her collar bone she couldn't wear it, and if he could see the birthmark on the middle of her thigh, she also couldn't wear it.

"i'm not 12, andro. i'm perfectly fine like this, be grateful i'm not like other girls that go to my school and wear short shorts and tank tops with their boobs spilling over it.", she smacked his hand away and put the coffee cup in it.

"i know, but boys will be looking down there and i'd rather not have to shoot another person today.", at the last part of his sentence juniper's head snapped towards him and her eyes widened.

realizing he said too much, he sputtered and sipped his coffee, looking away.

"another?! who did you shoot already! it's 8:30 in the morning!", she threw her hands up, mindful of the thermos.

"none of your business. are you ready? it's time to go, everybody will be looking at you and thinking you're weird for being an hour late.", he cocked his head toward her and shoved her to the door.

"you aren't just going to speed past that.", she removed his hands and strutted on her own, full of sass.

"at least take a jacket!", alejandro held up the cardigan in a defeated manner, already throwing it back on the couch before she answered.

"it's a solid 93 degrees outside, i think not!", she threw up a middle finger as she pranced down the hall.

"put that finger away before i chop it off.", he grumbled, locking the apartment door and once again for the second time that morning, jogging down the hall.

"you wouldn't.", she was already in the elevator and waving at him mockingly as the doors closed.

"fucking brat."